Siemens Project Manager - Fire Systems in Bellevue, Washington
Project Manager - Fire Systems
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 222613
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit:
Primarily responsible for managing Fire Alarm & Security projects. Manages large, more complex jobs or multiple
projects (system project migrations, system integration between multiple systems) from pre-booking to customer
acceptance. Supervises, directs and motivates the project team during planning, estimating, design, installation, startup,
commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects. Ensures customer satisfaction during and at final project
· Participates in pre-bid reviews, pre-job walks and scoping and sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate
accuracy of the sales estimate and job layout. Analyzes available documentation, plans, construction contract
specifications and codes to determine project requirements. Follows up with appropriate management to assure
understanding and satisfaction of job scope.
· Manages the development of project plans in advance of project activity assuring effective execution by the Project
Team. Provides management as necessary to monitor progress to assure compliance with the pre-determined execution
· Prepares or oversees preparation of engineering re-estimate reports. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting
to manage and contain costs. Utilizes financial and monthly forecasting tools and works with other team members to
monitor, manage and control costs. Prepares or oversees preparation of progress billings, pursues timely payments from
the customer and authorizes payments to material suppliers and subcontractors.
· Obtains bids and selects reliable subcontractors to provide wiring, device installation, special construction or other
· Participates in job site final walk-thru and manages the completion of all close-out documentation such as As-Built
drawings and system operating instructions; transfers or excess materials; billings, collections and payments; and all
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· A.S. degree in Electronics or related field, or equivalent experience in the installation and maintenance of Fire Alarm systems, card access systems, and CCTV systems.
· 2+ years previous Project Management experience.
· Strong customer service skills.
· Good verbal and written communications skills. Skilled in the PC applications and in the use of word processing and
· Must have valid state drivers license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
· Existing NICET certification preferred.
· FA1 preferred
· Experience in the installation and maintenance of Fire Safety products.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .