Siemens Energy Engineer - Building Automation Service - Bellevue WA in Bellevue, Washington
Energy Engineer - Building Automation Service - Bellevue WA
Multiple Locations:Bellevue, Washington; Tacoma, Washington; Renton, Washington; Seattle, Washington; Spokane, Washington
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 228158
Primary Location: United States-Washington-Bellevue
Other Locations: United States-Washington-Spokane, United States-Washington-Seattle, United States-Washington-Renton, United States-Washington-Tacoma
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
At Siemens we believe in Global Corporate Citizenship and creating perfect places for our customers. We are looking for bright and passionate talent to help tackle some of our Customer’s most pressing operational and energy challenges.
The Energy Engineer role entails working closely with our existing Siemens Customers to help improve their facility’s energy efficiency and sustainability footprint. This will involve performing energy audits, energy calculations, designing custom solutions and participating in Customer facing presentations. This position also requires coordinating business development strategy with sales and technology solution managers within Siemens. The ideal candidate would be someone comfortable with taking a leading role and has a passionate for customer service as well as energy efficiency. The focus of this position is to drive the Energy Services business within the local market for Siemens Building Technologies.
· Participation in pre-sale activities, working closely with Sales to identify and technically qualify customer opportunities for energy efficiency.
· Participation and at times lead client meetings and presentations. The Energy Engineer is responsible for performing all necessary energy and design calculations needed to adequately propose facility improvement measure (FIM) recommendations.
· Perform industry-standard (ASHRAE or equivalent) energy audits. This will require working independently to develop action plans prior to executing energy audits, properly organizing information gathered, and identification of FIM recommendations.
· Perform industry-standard energy calculations (such as weather-based BIN calculations).
· Assisting with existing building commissioning. Understanding of industry standard commissioning procedures or techniques is preferred.
· Read and write sequences of operations, as well as analyzing drawings and specifications to determine facility operational characteristics.
· Work collaboratively with our Digital Service Center resources on Smart Building solutions, as part of Siemens Digitalization Strategy.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Controls Engineering or other related field.
- 2+ years of experience in energy efficiency engineering within buildings
· Required travel: 20%
· Understanding of HVAC design fundamentals.
· Certified Energy Manager (CEM) certification and/or state certification as an Engineer in Training (EIT) required.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
· Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan and have a valid driver's license in good standing.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
State Licensed Professional Engineering Certification preferred
Understanding of State and Utility Incentive programs
Two or more years Mechanical HVAC design experience
Familiarity with State Energy Codes and/or ASHRAE 90.1
Familiarity with MS Excel and VBA programming basics
Experience with controls fundamentals
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .