Siemens Rail Transport Field Service Engineer in Baltimore, Maryland
Rail Transport Field Service Engineer
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 226970
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Baltimore
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Position Overview :
The Field Service Engineer, will plan, organize, coordinate and manage all phases of personnel and rolling stock. He or she will also be responsible for administering the safety program, training program, and budget, and directs a high performance team to proactively support our customer in a professional manner, as well as supporting warranty repairs on the local locomotives. The Field Service Engineer will assist the customer service department providing details on customer related inquires, involving Mechanical department concerns. The Field Service Engineer will interact with transportation, engineering, dispatch and finance departments for the safe, cost effective and efficient operations of the railroad.
• Ensures the provision of high quality technical advice to the maintenance workforce to enhance equipment reliability of a new locomotive fleet.
• Ensures responsiveness and supports to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned service requests. Non-conformance issues are identified and improvement recommendations are made.
• Ensures the delivery of on-going system operation training for the customers.
• Assists the local staff in assigned troubleshooting and repair works
• Ensures proper communication between the customer, our rail support center and the field team.
• Acts as a mentor and provides on-the-job training to Technicians as required.
• Provides feedback to team regarding performance, quality, and productivity issues.
• Conduit to the field - conducts regular meetings with field personnel and managers to share company information, updates, etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Associate degree in an engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 5 years of working experience with a railroad or other technical agency.
• Minimum of 3 years in a Supervisory position.
• Knowledge of Railroad Regulatory requirements.
• Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised work group(s).
• Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading and writing.
•Must possess proven skills with allMicrosoftOffice (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint) products
• Must have comprehensive knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems such as Maximo, JD Edwards, SAP, Cormap, Salesforce
• Required travel: 20%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
•Bachelor degree in an engineering discipline.
•Preferred experience: More than 5 years of experience managing field operations.
•Knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures for supervised work group(s).
•Excellent English language technical communication skills in speaking, reading and writing.
•Background or formal training in Quality tools e.g. six sigma.
•Ability to applyStandardizationof processes tomaximizeconsistency of output and increase efficiency.
•Aptitude to understand technical information
•Ideally will have a background in rolling stock maintenance, commissioning or other rail related experience with an appreciation of mechanical and electrical engineering.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .