Siemens Energy Services Technician in Austin, Texas
Energy Services Technician
Job Family: Internal Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Region Americas
Requisition Number: 227076
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: https://www.siemens.com/us/en/home/company/about/businesses/building-technologies.html
Siemens is looking for a motivated, support-oriented, and amicable candidate. This role provides remote diagnostics, and troubleshooting assistance over the phone for our field technicians and/or customer dispatched technicians working out of our Austin, TX office. Additionally, provides remote technical support for end-users at locations with installed Energy Management Systems. Typical work hours are between 7AM and 7PM however candidate must be able to work second shift and weekends when required. Additionally, there is an on-call rotation split between all team members. This individual will report to the Technical Operations Supervisor and will have no direct reports.
This position is responsible for technical analysis and troubleshooting of our EMS (energy management system), validation and configuration of new installations, supporting our clients’ third party vendors, and ensuring persistent connectivity to remote servers.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Proper phone etiquette;
• Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately;
• Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar;
• Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment;
• Knowledge of customer service principles and practices;
• Effective listening skills;
• Multi-tasking capabilities;
• Proficiency with MS Office Suite
• Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
• Maintains effectiveness when experiencing major changes in personal work tasks or work environment; adjusts effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
• Makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships.
• Deals effectively with others in antagonistic situations, using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict.
• Establishes proper courses of action to ensure that work product is completed efficiently and on time/within proper time limits.
• Actively appreciates and includes the diverse capabilities, insights, and ideas of others and working effectively and respectfully with individuals of diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
• Sets high standards of performance for self; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Experience with Linux or other command line interfaces.
• Bachelors degree or 2 years technical support experience.
• Electrical/HVAC Energy Management Systems experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .