Siemens Commercial Project Financial Analyst - Intelligent Traffic Solutions in Austin, Texas
Commercial Project Financial Analyst - Intelligent Traffic Solutions
Job Family: Finance
Business Unit: Intelligent Traffic Systems
Requisition Number: 226756
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
If you really want to make a difference - make it with Siemens.
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in seven Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Digital Factory, ProcessIndustries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regionalpassenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit:
Siemens Mobility is seeking to hire a Financial Analyst to support our team in Austin, TX. In this role, you will havethe responsibility for financial success of service contracts in close cooperation with service account managers (SAM) as well as financial monitoring and performance of service profitability for the Southeast region. In addition, you'll be able to work on ITS projects, which makes this role a great opportunity for Financial Analysts or Commercial Project Managers (CPM) to expand their skill set!
• Service contract cost controlling which includes reporting current, accurate and complete margin information. Ensure that financial data is in line with internal and external regulations and guidelines such as Siemens Financial Reporting Guidelines or US GAAP.
• Continuous monitoring of Service Projects and Contracts in terms of cost (labor hours, material confirmation, fleet cost), billings and Gross Margin performance against plan.
• Service contract/project forecasting which includes, but is not limited to, providing transparent and reliable financial data (e.g. revenue, sales, billings, payments,…) and projection of sales pipeline.
• Cost center controlling of area budgets, continuous monitoring of costs and preparation of cost center plans.
• Support collections of outstanding A/R, identify risks and opportunities and work with SAM to continuously improve Service contract performance.
• Preparation of monthly performance review meetings with senior management.
• Review and approve invoices for billing accuracy and ensure proper supporting documents are provided timely and accurately
• Review of job information prior to closure (invoicing, outstanding A/R/PO commitments, WIP, UBR)
• Support bids from a commercial point of view
• Point of contact for all commercial and financial topics for the area.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Experience, and Education:
• Bachelors degree in Finance or Accounting field (or related degree) is required
• 2+ years experience in forecasting
• Excellent Microsoft Excel skills required
• Basic SAP or Spiridon experience
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required
• Team player
Preferred Knowledge/Skill, Experience, and Education :
• Experience in field/service operations or traffic industry experience preferred
• Siemens CPM certification or equivalent a plus
With over 372,000 people working at Siemens, it would be hard to define one single culture. However, we do have values which we like to live by. They're things like providing honest, open feedback, encouraging people to take ownership of projects and supporting entrepreneurialism in the workplace. We like to act as a team at Siemens. We believe if we all work as one, together we can make the world a smarter place.
Excellent health, vision, and dental plans with many options from which to choose.
All employees receive Life Insurance, Short, and Long Term Disability coverage.
401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary.
Education reimbursement programs available.
Extensive product training and professional career development.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .