Siemens CAE Geometry Development Support Applications Engineer Advanced in Austin, Texas
CAE Geometry Development Support Applications Engineer Advanced
Multiple Locations:Austin, Texas; Lebanon, New Hampshire; Bellevue, Washington; Melville, New York; Northville, Michigan
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management-PLM
Requisition Number: 225132
Primary Location: United States-Texas-Austin
Other Locations: United States-Michigan-Northville, United States-New York-Melville, United States-Washington-Bellevue, United States-New Hampshire-Lebanon
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens is seeking to recruit a highly qualified and motivated CAE Geometry Engineer to join its Development Support team. This position will report to the Senior Manager, Development Support.
Development Support provide high level support that helps ensure the transfer of technical knowledge and expertise between Product Development and the rest of the company.
Development Support engineers are required to work closely with software developers as new versions of STAR-CCM+ are developed to help ensure new features of the code are well understood. In particular, emphasis is given to demonstrating the use of newly implemented software features and their functionalities. In addition, verifying new features behave as their designs intend.
Development Support engineers liaise with teams worldwide to provide advanced technical solutions that help ensure end user issues are answered and fixed in a prompt manner and software products are used correctly, to their maximum potential.
The CAE Geometry Engineer will have a high-level understanding of computer aided engineering and simulation. Will show a keen interest in CAD modelling and realizing geometric representations of the real-world. Application areas include, but are not limited to, structural analysis, heat transfer, fluid flow, design optimization and co-simulation. Additionally, the CAE Geometry Engineer will have a keen interest in understanding geometry APIs, solid modelling, sketching and surface modelling.
Responsibilities will include:
● Making sure newly implemented STAR-CCM+, 3D-CAD code developments are well understood. Emphasis is given to demonstrating their industrial application and functionalities throughout the development and release life cycles.
● Triaging customer bug reports submitted to the Geometry development teams
● Liaising with 3rd party CAD vendors and follow up on 3rd party bug reports
● Supporting internal customers and Geometry Development teams
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
● A postgraduate degree (PhD, MEng, MSc or equivalent) in Software/Mechanical Engineering or other closely related field
● Prior industrial/research experience working with CAE and CAD software
● Experience / knowledge of supporting and/or testing CAE and CAD software
● Basic programming and/or shell scripting skills
● Ability to work individually and as part of a team to meet project goals
● Excellent communication skills
● Proven ability to work autonomously and to prioritize multiple projects
● Good organizational skills
● Fluent English speaking, reading and writing
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Additionally, exposure or experience in the following areas would be considered advantageous:
● Prior experience with CFD software, in particular STAR-CCM● Java and/or C++ programming skills
● Strong background in the application, development and/or testing of CAD software
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the UK, Germany or United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the UK, Germany or United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .