Siemens System Engineering Manager-Marine, Minerals, and Fiber projects -GA in Alpharetta, Georgia
System Engineering Manager-Marine, Minerals, and Fiber projects -GA
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Process Industries and Drives
Business Unit: Process Solutions
Requisition Number: 227302
Primary Location: United States-Georgia-Alpharetta
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in eight Divisions: Power and Gas, Power Generation Services, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, and Financial Services.
Siemens Process Industries & Drives helps customers increase productivity, safety, reliability, efficiency and time-to-market for plants and processes with innovative, integrated technology across the entire lifecycle. With a deep understanding of individual market segments, Siemens helps customers respond quickly and confidently to new market requirements and challenges, strengthening their competitiveness.
For more information, please visit:
Operations and Engineering Center is looking for a Systems Engineering Manager to supervise and develop our Power, Drives, and Automation system engineers while working in conjunction with the sales, proposal, procurement and manufacturing groups in our Alpharetta, GA facility and globally.
Here, you’ll be managing resources for Marine, Minerals, and Fiber projects from the onset (bids) through customer acceptance. This will entail defining manpower scheduling, project budgets ($1-$25M), assess risk and change, and resource management activities. In this challenging role, you’ll also need to supervise, develop and motivate the engineering team (approx. 20-30 full time and contract employees) during the planning, estimating, design, installation, start-up, commissioning, turnover and warranty of assigned projects.
More responsibilities for this position will include:
• Completes complex estimates
• Interfaces with customers on engineering and commercial issues.
• Coordinates with all internal entities (e.g. purchasing, project management, sales)
• Executes projects within the defined requirements (e.g. budget, time functionality)
• Ensures business success and satisfaction of the customer and ensures professional stakeholder management.
• Ensures timely decision on open issues, escalating if necessary.
• Manages organization unit assigned and motivates/develops dedicated employees.
• Implements guidelines and defines functional policies, processes, or methods to fulfill the engineering strategy.
• Plans and allocates resources and budgets to engineering projects or activities.
• Drives the development of technical standards and procedures for system engineering.
• Ensures obeying regional laws and regulations.
• Ensures a proficient and capable workforce to conduct the engineering activities in time and quality.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor degree in a technical discipline
• Technical proficiency
o Must be familiar with industrial power, drives, and automation engineering principles
o Must have experience in Marine, Minerals, and/or Fiber industries
• Minimum 8 years’ combined experience in the above industries designing and implementing projects
• Average 10-15% travel
• Previous management experience
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .