Siemens Building Controls Technician in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Building Controls Technician
Locations:Albuquerque, New Mexico
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Government Services
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 228118
Primary Location: United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: No
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well-established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Siemens Government Technologies is seeking a Building Controls Technician toassist with the execution of a managed services project for a long-term and progressive U.S. Government customerin Albuquerque, New Mexico.
· Join an existing on-site staff that maintains control systems, repairs, expands, and upgrades a large campus-wide HVAC building controls system.
· Troubleshoot and repair field wiring and sensors, perform modifications to MBC’s and PXC’s, replace sensors and reprogram components, and troubleshoot P1 & P2 trunks.
· Perform root-cause analysis of HVAC controls systems malfunctions while striving for continuous improvement and making recommendations to the customer.
· Create PPCL programs, databases, graphics, and alarms.
· Must be a United States Citizen, with no dual citizenship or ties to any other country.
· High School Diploma or equivalent. An Associate’s degree from a two year college or technical school is highly preferred
· Active current Secret and L Clearance is highly preferred or the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance
· Five or more (5+) years’ experience with working controls knowledge of AHU’s, chiller plants, complex fan systems, and building controls head-ends.
· Prefer ten or more (10+) years’ of demonstrable experience inHeating,VentilationandAirConditioning(HVAC)Systems,programming Building Controls andotherassociatedsystems.
· Significant experience with multiple programming languages including PPCL, C or C++, Basic, etc.
· Training in basics of mechanical or HVAC equipment from a technical school or certifications received during training classes from industry vendors.
· Factory training on Siemens “Insight” software, and TEC startup & troubleshooting is preferred and beneficial to the duties of this role.
· Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies and procedures.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, building drawings and technical guides.
· Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers.
· Interpersonal skills; telephone skills; patience; problem solving skills; attention to detail; organization skills; accuracy; time management; must be able to perform inspection of work and must know the status of all work.
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Must be a United States Citizen with no dual citizenship or ties to any other country, with the ability to obtain a United States Security Clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .