Siemens Account Executive - Building Performance & Sustainability - Performance Contracting - OH, WV, Western PA in Worthington, Ohio
Account Executive - Building Performance & Sustainability - Performance Contracting - OH, WV, Western PA
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200436
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
The Account Executive sells performance based solutions to new and existing customers throughout the OH, WV and Western PA surrounding territory. Reporting to the Area BPS EES Sales Manager, this role will focus on customers in the MUSH (Municipalities, Universities, Schools, Hospitals) vertical markets.
• Under general supervision, sells energy management products, services and business solutions that enable the customer to reduce energy and other operations expenditures.
• Team sells with other Salespeople as appropriate.
• Effectively completes utility data analysis, building surveys and needs assessment, financial justification and related proposals and presentations.
• Obtains letters of intent and arranges financing.
• Creates specs and estimates.
• Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain the sale.
• Follows through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion.
• Ensures a smooth sales-to-operations turnover and monitors progress.
• Assists in resolving installation, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
• Assists customers and potential customers with problems involving the use of company products and services and recommends suitable resolutions accordingly.
• Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
• Participates in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Keeps current on market business and product trends.
• Continues to pursue in-depth product and service knowledge and acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Develops and deploys account strategies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED required
• Five to seven years of experience with proven sales and national account management
• Experience selling in the C-Suite
• Requires a medium level of related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use company estimating tools as well as gain an understanding of related engineering, contractual, and financial concepts. Size of sales assignment will vary based on opportunity in assigned accounts and territory.
• Customer relationships at this level are primarily C-level and solution-oriented -- candidates who will be successful in this role must have proven experience executing strategic solution-oriented sales to top executives.
• Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
• Ability to work in the U.S. without a need for current or future sponsorship.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in engineering or a related technical field.
• Energy & Environmental Solutions sales experience or Performance Contracting Sales experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .