Siemens Field Service Technician in Wilmington, Delaware
Field Service Technician
Job Family: Customer Services
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 201468
Assignment Category: Part-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Mobility Division provides efficient and integrated transportation of people and goods by rail and road – all products, solutions and services regarding mobility are handled by the Mobility Division.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
Siemens Technical Support Specialist
Siemens Industrial Inc wants to fill new positions in its Mobility Organization in Delaware. Applicants who want to take part in our Siemens Service Department would be responsible for the following main tasks:
• You will monitor and provide equipment surveillance support for electric locomotives at a service center in the Wilmington, DE area in a 24/7 shift pattern.
• You will support for driving reliability and continuous improvement to minimize down time, and costs.
• You will provide preventive maintenance practice optimization without compromising safety.
• You will collaborate with Product managers, Software engineers and Field Service to monitor and improve maintenance practices.
• You will provide real time support to the end users.
• You must be able to work in a 24/7 rotational shift pattern.
• You will reports to the Reliability Manager
Is this job a fit for you?
• Measure and track performance against agreed upon reliability targets.
• Perform failure investigations and root cause analysis reports.
• Regular review and update of maintenance practices, impacting documentation and training procedures.
• Provide technical advice and recommendations to the Field Service maintenance teams.
• Support the development of a Continuous Improvement Program.
• Provide advice on modifications and measures which can be implemented to improve component and system reliability.
• Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
• Configuring and maintaining databases and master data tables.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Position requires a minimum of an associate degree in a technical field, and/or requisite maintenance experience that lends itself to a working knowledge of machines and their operation (railway experience welcome).
• Any appropriate combination of academic and work experience.
• 3-5 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Required amount of travel: 40%
• Must demonstrate core competencies of effective communications, listening, and have strong organizational skills.
• Ability to read and understand equipment blueprints and maintenance/operation manuals.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
• Must be computer literate, and have knowledge of computerized maintenance systems, or possess the ability to learn.
• Must possess proven skills with all Microsoft Office Applications (including Excel/Word/Access/PowerPoint).
• Must quickly and efficiently learn project specific software programs and online tools
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Background or formal training in Quality tools e.g. six sigma.
• Ability to apply Standardization of processes to maximize consistency of output and increase efficiency.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .