Siemens Power Generation Repair Technician in Wichita, Kansas
Power Generation Repair Technician
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Wind Power and Renewables
Business Unit: Onshore
Requisition Number: 201115
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 10%
Wind Power & Renewables (WP)
Over the past decade, Siemens has established itself as a leader in America’s wind energy industry with over 5,000 “Made for America” wind turbines installed across the U.S. Siemens is committed to growing wind power through products that are proven, reliable, and durable – striving to drive down costs and increase wind as a share of the nation’s energy mix. A national network of service technicians keep turbines operating at maximum capacity.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/wind-power-and-renewables.htm
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Join Siemens Wind Power in Wichita, KS! Our facility is growing and we are currently looking for quality candidates to join the Wind Power team!
Principle Duties include but are not limited to:
· Maintain, troubleshoot, adjust, modify, repair and service portable power generator systems, instruments, motors and other electrical/electronic equipment that can be used on a Wind Turbine.
· Perform all electrical functions associated with the mechanics and functionality of portable power generator units. Fabricate,/install, form fit and identify product and test conduit wiring, instrumentation, boxes and all related parts and materials.
· Assist in receipt and installation of equipment and parts as well as preparing units and parts for shipment. Perform all work necessary to facilitate job function including incidental work to maintain an efficient flow of work.
· Utilize appropriate measuring instruments and documents for operator acceptance.
· Responsible in general for compliance with the Company’s ISO 9001 Quality System and Preventative Maintenance Program, as well as strict adherence the EHS policies and procedures
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· The ability to fix, repair and troubleshoot power generation systems, general control systems and motor controllers, read blueprints, wiring diagrams and schemes along with the ability to read and understand schematic drawings for circuit boards and peripheral devices, both analog and digital.
· Be able to operate basic hand tools to include all tools associated with the electrician and technician craft, pipe-forming tools, sheet metal equipment, machine tools such as mills, drills, grinders and lathes for basic operations. All necessary hand tools and equipment needed to perform function, including hand and powered industrial trucks, lifts, cranes and other material handling equipment.
· Must be able to wear protective equipment (hard hat, gloves, safety glasses and shoes, hearing protection, coveralls, rain suits)
· AS degree or Technical training in Electronics
· Be able to lift 50 lbs
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Demonstrates thorough/advanced knowledge of a specialty area and of tasks and responsibilities. Typically, 5-8 years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .