Siemens Engineer in Wichita, Kansas
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Wind Power and Renewables
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 210090
Primary Location: United States-Kansas-Wichita
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 30%
About Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
With a worldwide installed capacity of 75 GW, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy has a presence in more than 90 countries and a team of 27,000 employees worldwide. Its end-to-end value chain presence encompasses onshore and offshores wind turbines design, manufacturing, installation as well as cutting-edge service solutions. The global headquarters and legal domicile of the company is located in Zamudio, Spain. The company is listed on the Spanish stock exchange.
This person will initially support four sites located in Kansas, Iowa and Ontario, Canada. This person will be responsible to define, identify, analyze, and implement processes related to the inclusion of new/existing tooling and/or suppliers within our organization. You will interface at both the regional and global level.
Leading tooling calibration for the AM region supporting global initiatives where required.
Review/write/approve local and global work instructions in regards to tooling calibration processes.
Responsible for ensuring all calibration and support techs are properly trained to perform the required work on the bench.
Interface with other areas of the organization (Procurement, Engineering, etc.) in supporting the tooling areas.
You will report to the AM Platform Quality Manager located in Orlando Florida. You will have visibility across the region and will be expected to interface globally across our organization.
· Regional expert in the Americas region on defining, writing, and implementation of tooling calibration procedures and processes
o Identify through the ASD those companies and tools that will meet the Siemens-Gamesa requirements
o Review and approve new tooling calibration documentation
· Responsible for ensuring all facilities in the Americas region are staffed with fully trained calibration and support technicians
o Personnel to be fully trained in the reviewing of new tools and suppliers within the Siemens-Gamesa system
· Must understand the following concepts of tooling calibration; Measurements of uncertainty, reverse traceability, calibration certification requirements, hydraulic and pneumatic systems, low voltage electronics, mass & force
· Work with other areas of the organization (Procurement, Engineering, etc.) in defining those suppliers/tooling requirements of the organization
· Will support Global initiatives as required and will have a working knowledge of ISO 17025 standards
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Technical degree preferred but will focus on direct experience in the tooling calibration field
· Minimum of 10 years of direct experience working in the tooling calibration lab
· Must have a working knowledge of ISO-9000 and ISO 17025 standards
· Prefer auditing experience and must be willing to take Lead Auditor training
· Computer literate and comfortable in report writing and generation
· Statistical analysis is preferred
· Must understand hydraulic and pneumatic systems
· Prefer someone with knowledge of the Fluke Met/Cal software system
· Expect travel up to 30% with some possible international travel
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .