Siemens Sr. Field Service Technician - Fire Protection Services - Reno, Nevada in West Sacramento, California
Sr. Field Service Technician - Fire Protection Services - Reno, Nevada
Locations:West Sacramento, California
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 202020
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 10%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
Come join our growing Security team! We are searching for an experienced Senior Security Systems Field Service Technician in beautiful Reno, Nevada! This individual will be responsible for providing technical service to Security customers for Intrusion, Card access and CCTV systems.
• Performs system commissioning on systems including loading software programs and implementing modifications as necessary.
• Conducts testing and inspects systems under maintenance agreements.
• Responds and carries out to completion any troubleshooting and repairs to assigned customer systems.
• Ensures company-owned test equipment and installation equipment is in proper working order.
• Returns equipment in need of repair or calibration to the office in a timely manner.
• Identifies code issues and non-conformance issues.
• Makes recommendations regarding both systems installations and service contract facilities.
• Reports daily on activities completed, deferred, requiring further action or material.
• Participates in On-Call assignments / schedules on a team rotational basis.
• Experience in the installation and maintenance of security systems.
• Associate's Degree in a technical field preferred, although a combination of education (must have a High School Diploma or GED Equivalency at minimum) and experience will also be considered.
• Class D Electrical License preferred, however, we would also consider an experienced Security Field Service Technician who is either in process of obtaining their Class D Electrical License or is willing to obtain it.
• Must be able to lift and carry seventy-five (75) pounds unassisted.
• Must be willing and available to participate on an on-call rotation, which could include nights/weekends/holidays.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Why Siemens? We offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Very good health, vision, dental plan with many options to choose from
• All employees receive Life Insurance, STD and LTD
• 401k match dollar for dollar up to 6% of gross salary
• Extensive product training and career development
We aim to hire top talent and arm them with opportunities to make top money. Siemens is a great place to have a career in a growing business. We are proud that when people join Siemens they rarely leave as shown in our low turnover rate.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .