Siemens Senior Sales Executive - Building Automation Soutions Sales - Sacramento CA in West Sacramento, California
Senior Sales Executive - Building Automation Soutions Sales - Sacramento CA
Locations:West Sacramento, California
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201409
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
The Senior Building Automation Solutions Sales Executive sells new-construction products and offerings within the Sacramento market. This role manages and grows the assigned market/territory through business development with contractors, engineers, and architects. The Sales Executive achieves growth and volume projections for building automation controls / energy management control system, and will be responsible for acquiring new customers to meet goals.
• Proficiently develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities in assigned geographic or vertical market while skillfully collaborating with both internal and external partners.
• Develops high-quality best total-solutions that fit customer strategic and operational requirements.
• Successfully develops new and expands existing accounts in assigned market to achieve growth and profit goals.
• Develops and maintains relationships at prospective and authorized representative accounts.
• Conducts ongoing assessment of sales goals within assigned area and determines how to focus efforts to achieve incremental sales growth within the strategic plan.
• Identifies key accounts within territory based on growth potential, local market share and establishes specific sales goals and strategies.
• Communicates marketing programs and product developments to customers to maximize sales potential.
• Contributes to the development of the long-term strategic plan and pricing strategies for the Branch.
• Participates in team selling with Building Automation Service, Fire and Security divisions, as well as collaboration with Low-Medium Voltage and other Siemens Divisions.
• Prepares accurate and thorough customer account activities, sales activity reports, competitor reports, forecast reports and expense tracking and reporting.
• Develops strong relationships with existing and new customer base through participation in civic and professional organizations, sales department meetings, workshops and seminars.
• Participates in vertical market trade shows and becomes a company advocate in national association meetings.
• Continues to pursue in-depth market, products and services knowledge and acquires deeper selling, technical and financial skills.
• Works with both small and large accounts and upper level decision makers practicing executive level selling skills to achieve highest level of account penetration.
• Independently drives business growth and desires to create an entrepreneur-like position within a strong established organization.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Required education: high school diploma, state-recognized high school proficiency exam, or state-recognized GED.
• Required experience: Five to seven years of experience with proven sales and account management skills in an industry with a type of sales cycle and customer interface that is similar to those of building automation, mechanical, or energy systems.
•Required travel: 25%
o Excellent verbal, written, organizational and negotiation skills necessary.
o Must be at least 21 years old to participate in required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without the need for current or future sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Preferred education: Bachelor’s or related technical degree preferred.
• Preferred experience: Five to seven years of experience with proven sales and account management skills or technical skills/knowledge in building automation, mechanical or energy systems. (Candidates with direct industry experience will receive preference.)
• Other Preferences:
o In-depth building automation product and consulting service knowledge with strong technical and financial skills preferred.
o Mechanical System/Engineering knowledge/experience a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .