Siemens Proposal Specialist in Wendell, North Carolina
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: Sales
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 200737
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
EM CS Overview
Siemens Energy Management – Customer Services (CS) covers a comprehensive end-end service portfolio including packaging turnkey installation and commissioning, repair, refurbishment of all OEM and non-OEM Transmission & Distribution assets including but not limited to medium and large power transformers, high voltage circuit breakers, medium and low voltage switchgear and breakers, motor control centers, and protection and control systems in all market verticals.
This position will focus on developing proposals to support the CS business. Primary focus will be directed towards supporting sales activities, including; business development activities, opportunity analysis, RFQ review, risk analysis and mitigation, costs evaluation and development, preparation of commercial and technical proposals. Key working relationships for this position include: Sales Managers, Account Managers, Business Development Managers, End User’s, OEM’s, as well as internal communications with other Siemens product groups, Inside Sales, Procurement and finance.
• Preparation of offers, bids, contracts and other sales-related documents
• Review of RFP’s, commercial/technical documents, product requirements for KEY customer projects
• Work with product groups, internal and external
• Support of deliverables including customer meetings as needed
• Support project turnover activities to the project execution team including lessons learned activities and implementation.
• Support daily needs of the business as the internal point person between functional areas
• Support process improvements, visibility, transparency, and accuracy wherever possible
Required Education and Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, technical writing or equivalent.
• Electrical and mechanical fundamentals of Substation Service product and applications.
• Excellent organizational skills with managing large proposals and associated deliverables.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with customers internal/external.
• Ability to work effectively across various functions and departments.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite: Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to set and manage priorities.
• Problem solving orientation.
• The position requires up to 25% domestic travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .