Siemens Proposal Applications Engineering Manager in Wendell, North Carolina
Proposal Applications Engineering Manager
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 201705
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Digital Grid Sales Operations team is looking for a dynamic, creative, and highly motivated Proposal Team Manager to ensure our company continues to grow successfully in a very competitive market. The primary focus of the role will be preparing proposals for Automation and Protection bids and supporting the sales team during the quotation phase. This includes but is not limited to evaluating proposal requests, supervising and directing proposal engineers, preparation of complex bid documents, handover of the proposal to project delivery team upon signature. Key working relationships for this position will be with the Digital Grid Sales Operations Proposals & Technical sales teams, Sales and Business Development teams, Inside Sales, Logistics Planning, and Operations.
Specific Job Responsibilities
•Manage team of proposal application engineers and direct day to day tasks
• Review of RFPs, commercial and technical documents, and product requirements for key customer projects
• Preparation of offers, bids, contracts and other sales-related documents regarding, protection relays, relay upgrades, relay retrofits, RTU parts, relay panels, Controller Panel and substation automation.
• Support of, and communication with, a wide variety of internal stakeholders to drive deadlines, tasks and on-time delivery of proposals
• Support of project order deliverables including customer meetings, inspections, and documentation
• Support project turnover activities to the project delivery teams following signature
• Support process improvements, visibility, transparency, and accuracy wherever possible
• Work closely with procurement to identify project costs, lead time requirements, and review of offers
• Gather and share market information providing feedback loop to Sales, Operations and Product teams
• The candidate may be required to travel to project sites – estimated 10% domestic travel
• BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
• Excellence and interest in coaching and team leadership
• Knowledge of the US Smart Grid and Energy industry and products, including Grid Control software and hardware, Power Systems Consulting, and Equipment Protection and Automation Systems landscape
• Solid experience in protection and automation systems preferred.
•7+ years managing complex proposals and engineering teams in development, sales support or project delivery
• Ability to analyze Electrical drawings including but not limited to single lines, schematics, wiring diagrams and panel layouts
• Solid knowledge of at least one of the following vendors' relay products and associated software packages: Siemens/GE/SEL/ABB
• Minimum two years experience in developing and elaborating proposals of Substation automation and/or field experience that involves:
o Transfer schemes, breaker failure schemes
o Transmission and Distribution protection
o Busbar, Transformer, and Generator protection
• General knowledge of Substation Automation, applications, distribution channels, company processes, and competitors.
• Excellent organizational skills with managing proposals and project deliverables.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with customers and internal stakeholders.
• Expert facilitation, collaboration and influence skills
• High degree of detail orientation, with a strategic and customer-champion mindset
• Focus on production, and capability to manage through ambiguity to clarity, in order to achieve the desired goals and output from self and team members.
• Adept with Microsoft Office Applications
Additional Desired Skills
• Project Management experience including project schedules and financials
• Smart Grid Vendor, utility, or IT industry experience
• Sales and/or business transaction experience.
• Public sector, government, or utility contracting or procurement experience
• Knowledge of ANSI, IEEE, NFPA, NETA standards.
• Knowledge about Substation Automation System Standards for Distribution, Transmission, Generation and Industrial customers
• Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
Location: Wendell office preferred but not required. We have major locations in Minneapolis, MN; Foster City, CA; Schenectady, NY; Houston, TX; and Wendell, NC.
Must have authorization to work in the US permanently without sponsorship.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .