Siemens Project Manager in Wendell, North Carolina
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 210906
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, which include cost, schedule, quality, and technology for the life cycle of the project and across multiple projects. These goals would include using such metrics as revenue, profitability, on-time execution, resource utilization, risk identification, customer satisfaction, etc. The Project Manager is contributing to the goals of Medium Voltage & Systems (MS) Business Unit.
• Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion.
• Responsible for the cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance of the assigned project(s).
• Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with business users and stakeholders after detailed technical and commercial review of project deliverables.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders, both internal and external on an ongoing basis.
• Provide project revenue and profit forecasts as part of regular project status updates
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Document project progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks, and successes to maintain project course.
• Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
• Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Identify project problems and obtain solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
• Manage, develop, and coordinate customer requirements of complex systems and define integration requirements across multiple systems/processes.
Manage customer expectations across project cycle and lead single and multi-product medium voltage solutions projects
• Direct the work of employees and/or subcontractors assigned to the project including from service, technical, finance, contract, administrative, and Program Management Office areas.
• Direct diagnostics with the ability to determine root cause and corrective actions.
• Develop and implement Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in engineering, Advanced Degree may be substituted for industry experience.
• Minimum five (5) years of Power Systems business experience
• Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within projects
• Demonstrated leadership skills and a proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
• A commitment to develop, drive, and manage projects in a highly competitive market
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, to present complex issues to multi-level audiences and effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external Customers
• Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customer
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .