Siemens Project Manager in Wendell, North Carolina
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 200120
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Project Manager directs large switchgear projects successfully and contributes to the goals of Medium Voltage & Systems Business Unit (MS) of Siemens Industry, Inc. The Project Manager is responsible for the successful execution of project goals, such as revenue, profitability, on-time execution, resource utilization, risk management and customer satisfaction for the life cycle of the project and across multiple projects.
• Direct all phases of projects from inception through completion.
• Responsible for the cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance of the assigned project(s).
• Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support project goals in collaboration with business users and stakeholders.
• Help in growing business volume with the assigned strategic accounts by strengthening customer relationship and top notch project performance.
• Develop full-scale project plans and estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Provide project revenue, profit and cash-flow forecasts as part of regular project status updates
• Document project progress including implementation, timelines, issues, risks, and successes to maintain project course.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis. Provide regular updates to team, management, and PMO on work performed, plans, budget, and overall status.
• Support the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract
• Manage, develop, and coordinate customer requirements of complex systems and define integration requirements across multiple systems/processes.
• Direct the work of employees and/or subcontractors assigned to the project including from service, technical, finance, contract, administrative, and Program Management Office areas.
• Understand, negotiate and execute contract requirements
• Identify, plan & implement PMO process improvement.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Engineering Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college
• 5 years Project Management experience, preferably in power systems business
• PMP (Project Management Professional) certification required with working knowledge of project management processes & tools
• Experience in identifying and implementing cost savings measures within projects
• Ability to build alliances to form strong, effective teams
• Ability to demonstrate leadership skills and proven track record of managing multi-disciplinary teams, including program management, services, engineering, operations, and logistics
• Ability to demonstrate commitment to develop, drive, and manage projects in a highly competitive market
• Excellent written and verbal communications, ability to present complex issues to multi-level audiences
• Ability to interpret and report results to senior management as well as customers
• Ability to effectively communicate progress, status and issues to internal and external customers
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .