Siemens Project Engineer in Wendell, North Carolina
Multiple Locations:Wendell, North Carolina; Raleigh, North Carolina
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 211432
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Other Locations: United States-North Carolina-Raleigh
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Candidate will provide engineering support work that will include design and drafting of contract drawings, responding to contractor ‘Requests for Information’, reviewing shop drawings to ensure compliance with design requirements, and other related design/engineering duties. The candidate should have a good understanding of National Electrical Code and electrical power engineering principles, and will utilize electrical engineering knowledge related to switchgear, breaker coordination, cable sizes, and conduit size requirements per NEC.
The project engineer would report to an overall project manager, and be supported by both internal and external engineering support teams.
• Owns final sign off and approval of subcontracted engineering deliverables
• Responsible for verifying overall system integration of multiple equipment components (gas insulated switchgear, mechanical platforms, power equipment enclosures, low voltage equipment)
• Compiling third party drawing submittal packages into formal final engineering submittal packages for customer review and approval.
• Minor CAD modifications to drawing packages based on customer redlines and feedback.
• Verification of field proposed changes, during project installation phases.
• Compile and direct as-built drawing generation after installation completion at customer sites.
• Act as a customer point of contact for technical questions and concerns, supported by the extended project team and project manager.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelors’ degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
• 4+ years experience in an engineering role (design, draftsman, or lead) in the electrical industry
• Competency in electrical system one line / three line diagrams.
• Basic knowledge of industry engineering fundamentals and business operations required.
• 2+ years of Electrical CAD design/drafting experience; preference given to candidates with CAD experience in electrical switchgear design.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
• Strong work ethic and willing to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality.
• Ability to multitask and manage large workloads and business demands.
• Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated and able to embrace a culture of quality.
• Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement.
• This position is based in the Wendell, NC office but will require domestic travel to active project sites and other Siemens training facilities. Travel is estimated to be less than 20% but could be greater depending on current project requirements.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .