Siemens Microgrid Business Development Manager in Wendell, North Carolina
Microgrid Business Development Manager
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Digital Grid Solutions & Services
Requisition Number: 200247
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Looking for a Business Development Manager to drive the growth of the microgrid/ advanced controls business within the EM DG business lines. The BDM will develop strategies utilizing both internal and external sales channels in order to drive sales. They will report to the Director of Microgrid & Renewable Integration and will be responsible for increasing sales of EM’s microgrid controllers and accompanying products and services. They will be responsible for increasing sales within some or all of the following markets: Utilities (IOU and Public Power), Campus environment (higher-ed, healthcare), Commercial/ Industrial clients and the Federal Government.
The BDM will be responsible for driving sales through specific assigned markets utilizing both internal and external sales channels. They will develop a clear understanding of the competitive advantages of the microgrid/ advanced controls products and services in order to drive sales within multiple EM DG businesses.
• Work with other Siemens sales people, solution architects and operations personnel to create, sell and help deliver microgrid and advanced controls solutions.
• Create additional strategies to contribute and maintain Siemens market leadership in microgrid and advanced controls
• Manage and drive external sales channels as a primary go to market strategy.
• Must have CRM experience and will document and manage customer relationships through our systems
• Contribute to the marketing and advertising of the products and services for our microgrid and advanced controls.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A technical background in microgrid/ advanced controls for distributed generation and renewable energy applications.
• Demonstrate the ability to work across Divisions and with sales, solution architects and operational personnel to deliver software solutions, products and services
• Strong sales channel management experience.
• Experience working with and directing external sales channels.
• Experience working in two or more of the following markets: Utilities, Higher Ed, Healthcare, C&I and Federal.
• Technical aptitude (experience) in controls software.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Demonstrated experience presenting in open forums.
• Experience in writing and presenting white papers on your topic of expertise.
• Demonstrated experience integrating information for complicated proposals
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .