Siemens Long Term Service (LTS) Product Line Manager in Wendell, North Carolina
Long Term Service (LTS) Product Line Manager
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: Sales
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Customer Services
Requisition Number: 200226
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Specific Requirements: The LTS (Long Term Service) Product Line Manager will be responsible for solution development and order capture for innovative long term service contracts coupled with Siemens EM products and systems. The current basis of the solution will be the LifeGuard long-term service agreement focused on thirty (30) year service contracts on High Voltage products, primarily circuit breakers, for the Investor Owned Utility (IOU) market. The position would also be responsible for extending similar solutions into other EM products and systems primarily focused on IOUs. This role will strategically assess the market potential of long term service contracts, develop appropriate solutions and interface with end users to drive demand creation.
Location: Flexible dependent of experience.
• Drive the development and coordination of offerings the High Voltage Product Business Unit (EM HP) for bundling LifeGuard with product offers.
• Collaborate and communicate with Siemens Regional and Product Business Development Managers (within EM CS and EM HP, EM TR, EM MS, EM TS), Siemens sales organizations to open sales channels and increase order intake.
• Develop and execute the strategic growth plan for service and maintenance contract bookings, present the sales pipeline and forecast to executive management for the above.
• Attend industry trade shows and sales meetings, prepare customer and partner presentations to demonstrate our service capabilities.
• Develop customer relationships in support of LifeGuard offerings
• Interface with senior leadership; product/project management; and R&D in growing the long term service business.
Qualifications & Expectations:
• A minimum of 10 years business experience with responsibilities for sales in regulated utilities and industrial markets.
• Technical knowledge and competency on EM HP product portfolio with other transmission and distribution product and system knowledge is a plus.
• Proven track record of account management, including accurate sales forecast, sales process management and successful reach of quota in a complex sales environment across multiple product lines over multiple years within the utility industry.
• Demonstrative experience with diverse sales channels - direct, indirect, and diverse sales processes - product and software solution sales in large matrix organizations.
• Prior Siemens product knowledge and proposal management experience with complex system solutions.
• Demonstrated financial acumen with P&L’s for the operations and project accounting/controlling.
• Demonstrated negotiating skills, conflict management skills, sense of accountability, and have the ability to work though others required. Possess persuasive presentation and effective communication skills--both verbal and written--across cultures required.
• Willingness and ability to travel 50% of the time, both domestically and internationally required.
• Experience pulling teams together to formulate winning bids
• Knowledge of potential partners
• Understanding of business, competitive landscape, legal/regulatory environment, needs/challenges of customers
• Ability to adapt strategy to meet customer needs
Undergraduate degree in Engineering required; MBA highly preferred.
Command of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel, for detailed financial analysis and business evaluation with working knowledge of related office suite products required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .