Siemens Experienced Electrical Engineer - MV AIS in Wendell, North Carolina
Experienced Electrical Engineer - MV AIS
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Medium Voltage & Systems
Requisition Number: 201411
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Wendell
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
Experienced Electrical Engineer – MV AIS:
The Medium Voltage (MV) Business Unit of Siemens Energy is located near Raleigh, NC and is looking for highly qualified and energetic Engineers for its Air Insulated Switchgear Business Segment.
• Analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of Siemens switchgear products along with associated protection and control systems and design appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner
• Work independently and/or lead a project team to create all documents for customer approval and manufacturing of Medium Voltage switchgears. Typical documents include:
o Panel arrangement
o Electrical schematics
o Three line drawings
o Wiring diagrams
o Nameplate schedule
• Utilize the SAP ERP system to manage detailed BOMs with a high degree of accuracy.
• Utilize knowledge of various electrical CAD software packages to complete project work and drive efficiency with process improvements.
• Be a technical project leader taking full ownership of the overall deliverables while guiding a team of jr. engineers, designers and drafters.
• Provide factory support during the manufacture of your projects to ensure that the final deliverable is true to your design.
• Understand that job descriptions change over time. You are expected to maintain competence, awareness, and compliance with your job.
• Treat all Siemens information and customer information in a confidential manner.
• Understand and efficiently use Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years of proven experience working with the design/configuration electrical power distribution products and systems. Preference given to experience with switchgear.
• Strong working knowledge of standard protection and control technologies used in medium voltage power distribution products with proven ability to share this knowledge with others. This may include knowledge of SCADA Systems, IEC61850 & DNP3.
• Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications regarding the application of protection and control systems and apply appropriate product solutions to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner.
• Ability to read, understand and evaluate electrical schematics to identify errors or potential improvements.
• Experience working with and managing bills of material in an ERP system, preference given for experience with SAP.
• Strong work ethic and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done on time and with high quality.
• Ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary
• Ability to multitask and manage large workloads and business demands
• Strong written, verbal, mathematical, and interpersonal skills.
• An ideal candidate is detailed orientated, process driven and able to embrace a culture of quality.
• Proven track record of innovative thinking and process improvement.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• A Masters Degree in Engineering is a plus with extra consideration given if degree concentration is in the area of power systems.
• 3+ years of Electrical CAD design/drafting experience with protection and control or engineering firms
• Proven ability to create, convert & modify drawings with AutoCAD Electrical or Engineering Base software. Preference given to experience with Engineering Base.
• Familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
• Experience with electrical design for medium voltage switchgear, preference given to experience with Siemens switchgear.
• Experience programming in VBA.
• Experience working with Salesforce.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .