Siemens Consulting Application Engineer – PEC Specialist in Wendell, North Carolina
Consulting Application Engineer – PEC Specialist
Locations:Wendell, North Carolina
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Medium Voltage & Systems
Requisition Number: 200791
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 20%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Medium Voltage & Systems Business Unit, located in Raleigh, NC is growing steadily. It is a seeking highly qualified and energetic Consulting Application Engineer (AE) with proven industry experience selling power distribution eHouses for its Projects and Applications Business Segment.
• Promote project business generation for the Medium Voltage & Systems business unit by preparing customer proposals that best fits our customer needs and ensuring competitive pricing.
• Generate value engineered proposals for our customers for turnkey projects involving complex power equipment centers with medium voltage switchgear, motor controllers, transformers and bus ducts installed within the same.
• Work closely with Siemens Sales and customers in the industrial, construction and utility markets on technical, contractual and commercial issues.
• Promote additional value add for Siemens by developing new and improved business execution models working with project management, procurement and suppliers.
• Participate in the design of complex hardware and software application solutions.
• Participate in tracking complex orders to ensure that equipment, cost and delivery objectives are met by responding to customers promptly.
• Participate in keeping records of complex specification costs and price estimates.
• Participates in recommending alternatives or changes to complex customer specifications and/or processes to better match Company products to customer needs and to improve productivity.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Management or Business Administration
Possess basic level of technical knowledge with the application of power equipment centers, electrical distribution products and systems.
Ability to analyze customer’s technical specifications, apply appropriate product offerings to meet the customers’ expectations in cost-effective and timely manner, offer alternative solutions to optimize profitability while meeting customer needs.
Excellent team player and demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple, simultaneous tasks while maintaining excellent customer service.
Excellent communications skills to effectively and accurately communicate with internal and external customers.
Advanced financial knowledge to understand and participate in ongoing business planning and support the product as well as project lifecycle management processes.
Ability to identify market trends and using this information, work closely with Marketing and Technology to create and justify projects to close the identified gaps.
Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office tools and product configuration/pricing applications.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
10 years industry experience selling power equipment centers and familiarity with ANSI, IEEE, UL and NEMA standards for MV Switchgear.
Knowledge and experience with the application of electrical distribution products and systems with a focus on power equipment centers, medium voltage switchgear products in construction, industrial and utility related market segments.
Knowledge and experience with evaluating HVAC sizes, PEC utilities, interconnect cabling, SLD, relay P&C schemes, communication network diagrams (media & protocols).
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .