Siemens Media Relations Specialist in Washington, District Of Columbia
Media Relations Specialist
Locations:Washington, District of Columbia
Job Family: Communications
Business Unit: Communications
Requisition Number: 200324
Primary Location: United States-District of Columbia-Washington
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationally for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
Our support functions are split into two organizations, Corporate Core and Corporate Services. These organizations provide essential services to better enable responsible and profitable growth.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/
For assigned areas within the organization, designs, implements, manages and measures communications strategies and supporting programs that are aligned with the company’s business objectives. Contributes to the development and execution of external communication strategies including media relations, message development, thought leadership/executive speaking engagements and social media activation. Serves as a point of contact for external media, and internal and external partnership management.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Collaborates with internal partners to establish and execute communication strategies in support of the U.S. agenda and targeted business objectives.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with international, national, regional, local and trade media across all platforms, and proactively places news as appropriate.
• Effectively develops, writes, edits and distributes information designed to reach audiences through news media and social/digital platforms in the context of the business; demonstrates professional judgment and editorial skills that are accepted as authoritative.
• Performs research and monitoring to obtain knowledge of relevant national policy and government affairs issues related to Siemens’ business to proactively identify emerging issues and help in the development of communication strategies and messaging.
• Responsible to write press releases and other media collateral such as fact sheets, Q&A and media advisories. Demonstrates skill in communicating complex, technical or policy issues to diverse, non-technical audiences.
• Creates various communications platforms including external presentations, speeches, talking points, social media content and by-lines for Siemens executives.
• Identifies appropriate company sources for information and spokespersons on issues and prepares executives for media interviews.
• Provides support to help execute media events using knowledge of print and electronic media outlets.
• Utilizes processes to measure and report media activities and results achieved for communication strategies and supporting programs on a regular basis.
• Regularly engages with global and country counterparts to collaborate on media relations and communications activities.
5+ years of relevant experience successfully designing and delivering communication strategies for external audiences.
Bachelor's degree required, in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, English, or Political Science. Advanced degree a plus.
• Advanced capability in preparing communications materials.
• Advanced working knowledge of media relations and basic understanding government affairs.
• Strong, proven project management skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a complex matrixed organization.
• Basic understanding of Siemens core businesses a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .