Siemens Field Service Technician in Wasco, Oregon
Field Service Technician
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Wind Power and Renewables
Requisition Number: 200529
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Power Generation Services Division, with a broad spectrum of innovative products and services, is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the wind, utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Join one of the world’s leading suppliers of wind power solutions as a Field Service Technician for Wind Power Services!
Demand for electricity generated from renewable sources is growing fast, and Siemens has the answers. As one of the market leaders, we combine technological innovations, experience, and expertise to deliver readily available, one-stop solutions and have a proven track record of successfully delivering wind power projects on all continents.
The Wind Service Technician position is located in Wasco, Oregon. The position requires approximately 25% travel. Ability to work a flexible work schedule is a must, along with the ability to analyze and resolve problems independently and efficiently. Ideal candidates will provide excellent service to our customers, have the ability to work in stressful, dangerous situations, and participate in the development of new field procedures and best practices.
Requirements for the position are:
- 25% travel
• Must have minimum of 6 months training within the iron and metal industry or electrical field.
• Physically and mentally able to work suspended from heights and in confined spaces
• Flexible travel schedule
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must meet body weight restrictions of 260 lbs or less as required by the equipment safety regulations
• Must pass a physical administered by a medical practioner to ensure ability to safely perform the job functions and meet the physical demands of the position
• Must have clean driving record and pass pre-hire drug screening
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Preference given to those candidates with
• Certification from Renewable Energy or Wind Technical Program
• Minimum 6 months hands on work experience as a Field Service Technician at a Wind Power site.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .