Siemens Technical Product Manager - Advanced in Waltham, Massachusetts
Technical Product Manager - Advanced
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 201298
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Technical Product Manager Advanced
Siemens is actively seeking a Technical Product Manager – Advanced (Syncrofit) to work at the Waltham, MA location. In this role, the candidate will engage with strategic customers and prospects to develop a product roadmap, communicate requirements, facilitate marketing activities, and drive projects through the development organization.
The Syncrofit™ portfolio of software for complex assembly companies to efficiently author, validate and communicate the joining requirements of complex assemblies with emphasis given to fastening structures. The development process of complex assemblies often leads to high
unexpected costs and missed deadlines due in large part to miscalculations in the drilling and countersinking process. Syncrofit is the industry’s only production proven, CAD-integrated commercial off-the-shelf solution (COTS) for managing the joints of complex assembly structures, to help manufacturers meet demanding timelines and cost targets effectively while improving the overall quality of the final product.
• Interface with Siemens’ customers and prospects to identify product and market requirements.
• Work across internal business stakeholders to bring a cross-functional, integrated solution to market that utilizes the entire Siemens portfolio.
• Work with Siemens’ product development organization to communicate product requirements based on customer interactions.
• Work on a cross-functional, agile team to implement functionality, demonstrate it to internal/external stakeholders, and deliver value to Siemens’ customers.
• Ability to translate a high-level vision into an executable strategy and keep the team focused to deliver on time.
• Use of Siemens’ products within CATIA V5, NX, and Creo on customerCAD models.
• Provide in-house technical sales support to assist the Siemens technical sales force in selling Siemens products to customers worldwide.
• Act as the internal lead for all technical and market communications related to the product line.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Excellent technical problem solving capabilities.
• Energetic self-starter and innovative thinker who balances strong customer and quality focus while thinking big.
• Strong leader who prioritizes well, communicates clearly and effectively, and enjoys working in a group of talented, opinionated, high energy and result oriented individuals.
• BS, 4-year degree in mechanical or aeronautical engineering, materials science, or other related field.
• 7+ years of product management or customer-facing experience in a similar role.
• Proficient with a variety of technical tools including Microsoft Office.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience with aerospace or automotive markets is strongly preferred.
• Familiarity with CATIA V5 or NX is strongly preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .