Siemens Software Engineer - Senior in Waltham, Massachusetts
Software Engineer - Senior
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 201425
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Waltham
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Software Engineer Senior
Join a fast-paced agile team and help develop the CAD based joining solution, Syncrofit. Collaborate with developers, validation engineers, product management and customers to design and develop an end-to-end solution for complex assembly design and manufacturing.
· Review and analyze requirements with product owners and customers to define future product enhancements.
· Lead the breakdown of these enhancements into small incrementally deliverable features to provide maximum customer value.
· Contribute innovative ideas and solutions to complex problems.
· Develop, modify, optimize and debug Syncrofit features.
· Play a leadership role on the cross functional agile squad providing technical direction and helping to mentor the junior members of the team.
· Develop test plans and implement automated tests with validation engineers to ensure high product quality.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Background in software engineering and development with at least 7+ years of professional experience.
· Strong knowledge of C+· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· 2+ years in a technical leadership position directing the work of others
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .