Siemens Software Engineer - Senior in Waltham, Massachusetts
Software Engineer - Senior
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 201763
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Join a talented team who is developing the world-leading composite software Fibersim . Innovate composite solutions to empower composite engineers to meet fast growing market demands. Cultivate team culture through the collaboration with developers, validation engineers, product management and customers and deliver quality products with a dynamic agile development process.
· Review and analyze customer requirements with product owners or customers to define future products and generate development plans.
· Lead to solve complex engineering and programming problems.
· Develop, modify, optimize and debug Fibersim features.
· Review the code design with the development team in high risk or high value areas to identify potential problems in early stages of development cycle.
· Develop test plans and implement automated tests with validation engineers to ensure high product quality
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering orEngineering vertical, plus:
- Strong background in C/C++ programming as well as in mechanicaland/or industrial engineering
· Demonstrated CAD API programming or related skills
· Strong Background in Math, Topology or Geometry
· Knowledge of Perl, Python and Visual Studio
· Knowledge of CAD systems NX, CatiaV5 or Creo and agile development
process is a strong plus
· Eager to learn and desire to share new knowledge and skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Capabilityto understand complex engineering problems
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .