Siemens Technical Support Technician 4 - Immunoassay and VersaCell RSC Hardware Consutlant in United States
Technical Support Technician 4 - Immunoassay and VersaCell RSC Hardware Consutlant
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Services
Requisition Number: 210210
Primary Location: United States--
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
The Regional Support Center (RSC)Immunoassay Hardware Consultant is a key contributor in providing support and direction to the first level teams within the Americas. The Technical Support Technician 4 reports to the Senior Manager, Regional Support Center Americas at Siemens Healthineers.
Our three main areas of focus:
Technical and Escalation Support of the first level teams
Making our people better through knowledge share sessions
Making our products better through involvement in system reviews/audits, Product Health Teams and engagement with Global Product Support (GPS)
The RSC Hardware Consultant must respond to complex instrument problems, counseling customers and field personnel on corrective and preventive measures. This support is provided remotely or through joint visits with the field personnel. The RSC Hardware Consultant is also the primary liaison between the field and Global Product Support.
· Possesses total familiarity with mechanical, electronic, pneumatic, optical, and operational aspects of designated Siemens products as evidenced by the ability to effectively assist Customer Service Engineers/Field Service Technicians, serving as the product expert and counseling first level personnel on problem identification, troubleshooting and resolution to improve customer satisfaction and first visit fix rate for the field.
· Gathers information, technical issues and concerns from the first level and conveys them to Global Product Support, and in turn conveys technical information from GPS back to the first level, keeping abreast of current trends and increasing awareness of product improvements
· Participates in the call escalation process to effectively solve instrument problems as the next level up from the Service Specialist and/or Area Specialist. Escalates issues to a national level when necessary and manages critical account situations as necessary.
· Works with Product Education personnel to evaluate training classes and provides input to improve or update lesson plans.
· Provides evaluation and appropriate feedback on service manual revisions, technical bulletins, modifications, parts inventory and review of new products and procedures to ensure quality field service.
· Participates on new product launch teams as needed.
· Appropriately documents all work in Global Service Management System(GSMS)
· Works in accordance with government regulations, FDA, and OSHA; works in accordance with the Siemens Healthineers Quality System, including all applicable training requirements and enforcement of all company safety guidelines.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· College degree or equivalent experience in electronics engineering , mechanical engineering or medical technology
· Five or more years of experience with IMMULITE products
· In addition, experience on VersaCell, Centaur and ADVIA Chemistry would be beneficial.
· Proven customer service skills to effectively manage difficult situations while maintaining great customer relationships
· A self-starter is a must
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Effective, thorough and consistent documenting skills are essential to the success in this position
· Candidate must agree to a one week standby support rotation every six weeks
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
This position’s work schedule is 11am ET to 8pm ET
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Fluent bilingual skills in Spanish and English
Proven hardware and software skills required with application (assay) skills would be extremely beneficial
Candidates within Mount or Pacific Time Zone strongly prefer, but not required.Candidates not in these time Zones must agree to a one week standby support rotation every six weeks
Associates Degree or equivalent experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .