Siemens Student Intern (CP&R Dailey) in United States
Student Intern (CP&R Dailey)
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 201123
Assignment Category: Full-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens Digital Factory Division is a worldwide leader in the fields of automation systems, industrial controls and industrial software. Its portfolio ranges from standard products for the manufacturing and process industries to solutions for whole industrial sectors that encompass the automation of entire automobile production facilities and chemical plants. As a leading software supplier, the Digital Factory optimizes the entire value added chain of manufacturers – from product design and development to production, sales and a wide range of maintenance services. With around 40,000 employees worldwide the Digital Factory Division is growing and expanding across the globe. The Siemens Digital Factory Division is a part of Siemens AG, the largest engineering, infrastructure and multi-industry organization in the world.
Footwear Product Development / Technical Innovation Intern
Provide the footwear industry with a collaborative technology platform that integrates PLM/MES/MOM (Product Lifecycle Management, Manufacturing Execution System, Manufacturing Operations Management) facilitating the entire value chain in order to gain a competitive advantage
Ideation, creation, and validation of technology interaction models for product development of footwear. Collaboration throughout the value chain to contribute to the facilitation of closed loop manufacturing.
• Execute documented use cases utilizing multiple CAD tools and PLM
• Collaborate with various internal departments and roles regarding issue resolution and facilitate the appropriate actions required
• Effectively communicate interaction alternatives to appropriate teams and individuals
• Understand and appreciate working within a multinational organization
• Other related duties as assigned
• Within the footwear industry, understand interaction between internal and external roles , including but not limited to :design, product management, merchandising, production, sourcing, vendors,
• Understand value of timing and scheduling of product development cycle
• Proficient with PLM software
• Proficient with 2D CAD Adobe suite
• Knowledge of 3D CAD footwear tools
o i.e. Rhino3d, Solidworks, Delcam, Romans CAD
• Adaptable with a creative approach to problem solving
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment, while also adhering to internal processes and requirements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .