Siemens Senior Engineering Technician in United States
Senior Engineering Technician
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Government Services
Business Unit: Government Services
Requisition Number: 201536
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Siemens, uniquely qualified to perform work for the U.S. Government. We are focused on enhancing the safety and security of the nation's assets and infrastructure, as well as assisting to improve operational and energy performance.
As an independent U.S. company with its own Board of Directors, SGT maintains a unique relationship with Siemens. We are able to leverage resources of professionals world-wide with demonstrated domain expertise and proven past performance to manage large-scale, mission critical programs. The future of SGT is bright. By integrating world-class people, process, products and technology, SGT is expanding its role as an important part of our nation's security.
We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, along with the opportunity to grow your career with a well established company.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemensgovt.com/
Are you ready to take your position as an Electronic Security Professional to the next level and grow with Siemens?
Siemens is seeking a qualified candidate for a permanent position (1st Shift) to provide a mix of service and new installation work in support of a long term and progressive government customer.
We are seeking a team-oriented individual possessing training or experience in providing service to electronic locking hardware, CCTV, alarms, and other various electronic security systems and an interest in learning Vulnerability Management skills.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working independently in the field with minimal supervision, will be provided a service van, and will be responsible for completing work in a timely fashion.
· Inspect and maintain Access Control, and Intrusion Detection equipment such as CCTV cameras, card readers, key pads, magnetic locks, BMS, proximity sensors, DVRs and UPS connected to a central monitoring station.
· Troubleshoot all equipment connections, trace cable and fiber connections from device to monitoring stations, reviews system monitoring reports to determine system status, make repairs as necessary
· Perform periodic preventive maintenance to ensure any issues are detected early and resolved before the equipment fails
· Coordinate current HSPD-12 vendors to test and verify application functionality, remediate vulnerabilities and rescan network resources to verify that vulnerabilities have been remediated.
· Perform root cause analysis and strive for continuous improvement, making recommendations to customer
· Support multiple locations in the greater Pittsburgh area and be onsite full-time at one dedicated facility.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Current Top Secret or Q Level Clearance
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· 2-5 years’ experience in Access Control and Intrusion Detection installation and maintenance
· Experience and training in the basics of circuitry and electronics, basic wiring connections, fiber optic cabling and connections, CCTV, CAT5 & CAT3 cabling runs and troubleshooting.
· Skilled in electronic and electrical troubleshooting, device testing, installation of electronic components, surveillance camera installation and experience with software monitoring systems for systems monitoring.
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, drawings and technical descriptions.
· Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
· Physical security equipment repair and maintenance, word processing software, Internet software, inventory software, spreadsheet software.
· Interpersonal skills; telephone skills; patience; problem solving skills; attention to detail; organization skills; accuracy; time management; must be able to perform inspection of work and must know the status of all work.
· Willingness to learn Vulnerability Management skills
· Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing.
· Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Associate’s degree from a two year college or technical school
· Training in basics of electronics and circuitry either in technical school or certifications received during training classes from industry vendors
· Prefer 8 years or more of demonstrable experience in Access Control and Intrusion Detection installation and maintenance
· Certification as an installer of equipment such as Pelco, Hirsch, MDI, ADT, etc.
· Operator or installation certification of Vindicator and/or CCure systems
· Operator certifications for Nessus, BigFix, and/or RSA Archer systems
Security Clearance: Candidate must be a US citizen and possess DOE “L” level security clearance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .