Siemens Commercial Project Controller in Tualatin, Oregon
Commercial Project Controller
Job Family: Finance
Business Unit: Mobility (MO)
Requisition Number: 211764
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Tualatin
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
The purpose of the Commercial Project Controller role is to secure high level forecasting, coordination and execution of commercial activities during the realization phase of projects. This in a way that leads to a satisfied customer and fulfillment of project specific financial-, time- and quality requirements, in accordance with company directives and relevant guidelines. Furthermore, by virtue of this role the “4-eye-principle” is retained within the PM team. We offer a competitive Portland/Tualatin salary, a full Health, Life, Vision and Dental choice of plans, a matching 401K plan, 15 days of paid time off, 9 paid company holidays and a paid floating holiday annually. This position also has a targeted bonus as well as relocation assistance for the hired candidate. This position is also pointed to growth into a local Commercial Head of Projects contingent on the business growth but is also pointed towards cross divisional growth or even global opportunities with Siemens.
Among others the Commercial Project Controller is from a realization project point of view in contact with and collaborates with the following roles/functions:
• External Partners: Management, Project Management & Business Administration Functions
• Third Parties: Authorities & Auditors
• Siemens Global: Project Board, Central Functions & Project Management from supplying Business Unit.
• Siemens Regional Entities: Management, Project Management & Business Administration Functions
• Siemens Local Tualatin: Senior Management & Project Team Members
Is this a fit for you?
• Perform financial planning, forecasting, controlling and ensures compliance with Siemens FRG and local GAAP requirements along with asset management
• Prepares commercial documentation for regular project status meetings and ensures the
accuracy of the commercial project data (FC, MIKA, cash flow)
• Contract & Claims negotiation and management.
• Ensures correct methodology for evaluation and assessment of risks and opportunities
• Supports Procurement & Logistics, if applicable
• Interface with external customer on project progress and any contract or finance issues
• Ensures efficient communication with all relevant internal and external stakeholders, i.e. HR,
Quality Management, EHS, customers, suppliers
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in corporate finance or large project
• Required amount of travel: Less than 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in Hyperion Essbase and Spiridon/SAP is preferred.
• Rail, Rail Electrification or Rail Signal Industry Experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .