Siemens Engineering Services Application Engineer III - Automotive Systems Simulation in Troy, Michigan
Engineering Services Application Engineer III - Automotive Systems Simulation
Job Family: Engineering
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 200290
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Master's Degree
Travel Required: 10%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Engineering Services Application Engineer - Automotive System Simulation - Detroit, MI
Our specialized engineering services group within Siemens PLM Software is actively recruiting for a Senior Application Engineer to provide engineering consulting and problem solving for automotive customers using model-based systems engineering.
As a senior member with demonstrated Project Management skills, the engineer will be managing complex automotive subsystems and Systems Modeling, Simulation & Analysis projects and will report to the System Simulation Technical Manager for the MBSE Engineering Services team. The current position does not involve resource or team management.
• Use specific engineering simulation tools that span across engineering disciplines to facilitate project execution.
• Interface with mid-level customers, engineers, and managers to provide technical guidance and technology transfer in the application of design techniques and system procedures related to functional engineering of chassis components and subsystems.
• Solve customer issues in the field of functional engineering and suggest process improvements to the customer
• Assist other engineers in the usage of application programs on multiple software products and hardware platforms.
• Provide business and technical feedback to business development and project management teams.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• MS in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• 5-7years experience in Modeling and Simulation of automotive systems
• Expertise in hydraulics and mechanical systems modeling for static, dynamic (transient) and modal analysis in the context of designing automotive subsystems and its controllers such as Vehicle Chassis and Body subsystems using simulation tools such as Amesim, Carsim, MATLAB/Simulink and veDYNA
• Demonstrated problem solving skills in a dynamic team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Amount of travel for the position expected to not exceed 10%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience in model reduction for Real Time applications is desired
• Knowledge and experience in automotive design tools and processes that enable and support Model Based Engineering activities is desired
• Experience with Energy and Thermal management analysis is a plus
• Mastery of Amesim for the modeling of Hydraulic and mechanical systems is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .