Siemens Consulting Business Developer in Troy, Michigan
Consulting Business Developer
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Motion Control
Requisition Number: 200749
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
The role of the Drive and Motion Consultants is to facilitate incremental domestic sales for Drives and
Motion products within a defined geography (Region).
The Drive and Motion Consultant will partner with regional sales and appointed Distribution Channel to become their trusted technical sales partner for all Drives and Motion related opportunities.
This position reports to the Product and Application Consulting Director within the Motion Control
Business Unit of Siemens Digital Factory.
This is a technical promotion role for Siemens Drives and Motion control products.
• Partner with Siemens Sales and Approved distributors to promote Siemens Drive and Motion products
• Evaluate customer needs and present cost-effective technical applications to achieve customer adoption
of Siemens Drive and Motion products, solutions, and systems
• Provide demonstrations of Siemens Drives and Motion products and solutions
• Assistance with sizing and selecting products
• Assist with conversion strategies and investments
• Assist with Channel Partner training
• Participate in account planning activities with Siemens Sales and Business Development Managers to ensure the best technical solution strategies for growth are established and implemented through value proposition development.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Strong technical knowledge of Drives and Motion Control equipment
• Candidate must be highly driven and self-motivated
• Requires strong capabilities in the areas of business results orientation; customer orientation and
collaboration & influencing.
• Applies professional communication, presentation, networking and lobbying skills at all levels up to
• Proven track record of developing new business opportunities in a teaming environment.
• Candidate should have 5 – 8 years of previous experience selling technical products and solutions
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified
Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for
employment in the United States.
PLEASE NOTE: Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing
Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Knowledge of Siemens Drives and Motion product portfolio
• Mechanical knowledge of motion control applications and technologies is beneficial
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .