Siemens Business Developement - CNC Controls in Troy, Michigan
Business Developement - CNC Controls
Job Family: Sales
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Motion Control
Requisition Number: 200533
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
Siemens MT (Machine Tool) plays a key role in the growth of Siemens Motion Control products by offering CNC solutions for End users and machine builders. This will be achieved by working closely with existing channels (panel business) and building up new channels (distribution) to hit out growth targets. This is an exciting time for the business with expected continued growth over the next several years. The Siemens SINUMERIK product line is the market leader in Machine Tool CNC motion control technology and its performance and design is unmatched in the industry.
This position offers the opportunity to interface with OEM customers, Channel partners, account managers, and other colleagues nationally and globally. It offers a challenging position with many opportunities for career development and diversification, and it offers a truly collaborative and pleasurable work environment. You will have the flexibility to engage the customers on Siemens behalf and provide consultation as the industry expert for Machine Tool applications.
We are looking for team-oriented person with strong entrepreneurial spirit and desire to contribute to crafting the direction of a thriving and growing organization. With the proper talent and drive, Siemens can launch new careers and deliver on aspirations.
• The Business Development Manager is responsible for planning, developing and implementing coordinated market strategies in alignment with the long range business plans for Siemens in the United States and alignment with HQ; development and implementation of marketing strategies and programs to achieve sales, profit and market share goals. This will include all discussions and negotiations with the aim to grow sales by building new and retaining existing customers.
• Develop advanced and leading-edge programs for assigned channel partners. This person will be the key stake holder in the commercial relationship to the channel partners
• Primary focus will be to actively pursue/qualify new accounts, markets, and products that match our core competencies
• Ownership of sales, market planning, performance metrics, forecasting and reporting, market pricing and margins
• Effectively communicate, organize, and facilitate the needs of the customers to internal team members
• Respond to requests for quotes, meeting the quotation deadline established by the customer
• Maximizes revenue through indirect sales channels
• Leads a joint business planning outlining mutual performance goals, objectives and critical milestones
• Tracks and monitors partner needs on an ongoing basis.
• Manages potential channel conflict with other direct and indirect sales channels
Knowledge Education and Experience:
• Must possess demonstrated ability to work across functions to drive value into market; must have demonstrated ability to drive cooperation and integration with product management to ensure product roadmaps are aligned with overall market needs and future growth opportunities
• A detailed understanding of the Machine Tool Industry and the different sub-segment machine types.
• A familiarity with technological trends, market requirements, customer requirements and customer needs in the NAFTA and global markets; ability to recognize and anticipate market and segment trends.
• 8-10 years experience in either an applications engineering role in the Machine Tool, motion control, and drives manufacturing field.
• BS/BA in technical disciplines (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree), or advanced degree.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .