Siemens 3D Printing Application Technical Product Manager in Troy, Michigan
3D Printing Application Technical Product Manager
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Digital Factory
Business Unit: Product Lifecycle Management
Requisition Number: 212701
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Troy
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Digital Factory Division offers a comprehensive portfolio of seamlessly integrated hardware, software and technology-based services in order to support manufacturing companies worldwide in enhancing the flexibility and efficiency of their manufacturing processes and reducing the time to market of their products.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/digital-factory.htm
3D Printing Applications Technical Product Manager for Additive Manufacturing applications in NX
The selected candidate will be an integral member of the Additive Manufacturing (AM) team, leading the development of 3D Printing software applications based on NX, Teamcenter and other Siemens PLM products, working collaboratively with AM hardware manufacturers,
customers and highly motivated, multidisciplinary teams distributed in Europe and Asia.
The position involves responsibility for driving the development of a profitable software product suite for 3D printing parts on powder bed platforms with the prevalent technologies such as powder melting, sintering, fusion and bonding. This position requires a broad understanding of these processes and the materials utilized in the AM industry. A solid understanding of the design needs for AM, as well as, supplemental processes such as NC machining, heat treatment and other finishing methods is also required.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
• Lead the market, industry, sales and competitive product analysis to define the product roadmap and business plans for the development of the NX 3D Printing applications.
• Collaborate with the unit’s leadership, the development team and other stakeholders to drive the day to day development activities and execute the roadmap deliverables successfully using lean and agile development methodologies.
• Develop go to market strategy for the product and collaborate to develop the collateral necessary for product marketing and sales.
• Developing training materials and delivering training to internal personnel and partners to execute the go to market strategy.
• Demonstrate product capabilities to customers and prospects.
• Work closely with customers and partners to gather requirements and validate product enhancements and innovative ideas.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Applied Science, Manufacturing or Engineering, with a solid foundation in the parts manufacturing processes such as metal/plastics/composites deposition, and NC machining.
• 3-5 years of hands on experience as a 3D printing application user with software such as Materialise, Netfabb or Simplify 3D or through hardware/software development related to AM.
• Experience using, supporting or developing NX and Teamcenter applications, especially dealing with Part Manufacturing, also a plus.
• Solid understanding of Lean Manufacturing and/or Agile software development methodologies is required. Practical experience using these methodologies in a professional environment is desired.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions is required.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate well with different types and size of audiences is required.
• Quick learner, who adapts well to changes in a fast paced environment and a strong interest in learning and applying new technology to solve complex manufacturing problems through teamwork and innovative solutions.
• Experience as a product manager for any CAD/CAM/CAE software application a plus, especially dealing with geometry manipulation for 3D printing.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .