Siemens Student Intern / Co-Op in Tarrytown, New York
Student Intern / Co-Op
Locations:Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Marketing
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Marketing, Sales Operations & Communications
Requisition Number: 200618
Assignment Category: Part-time temporary
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: No
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Siemens US Talent Acquisition
Student Intern – MSC S GTM Excellence
Part time (20h/week) for 6 months
To create a country/region/Business Area – level performance and opportunity analysis that will serve regions when creating an annual business plan. Also provide analytical support on existing country and Business Area performance programs.
This analysis should/could contain a number of different angles,:
· Revenue/cost/profit analysis by region/customer class
· Market analysis (market share, evolution etc)
· Customer and opportunity data analyses (reasons for opportunity win/loss, break down by customer class/segment, break down by retention/conversion)
· Benchmarking against specific regions or countries
• The employee must take specific direction and act independently, but still ensure the appropriate course is followed by asking questions as needed.
• High emphasis on quality and bringing tasks to conclusion quickly
The position will be in Siemens Medical Solutions Inc. USA, in Sales Operations group within MSC and in the Go to Market (GTM) Excellence team. The position will be reporting to the GTM project manager.
· Download of data reports from different systems
· Analyze data packages using Office suite to identify focus areas
· Support in developing presentations for the country/region/Business Area audience
· Collaborate with country/region colleagues to obtain required data sets
· Collaborate with the team colleagues and provide support on data handling
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Business orientation
· Strong knowledge of Office suite (excel, power point, access)
· Good communication skills both verbal and written
· No travel expected
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Knowledge of Healthcare market
· Qlikview environment experience
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .