Siemens Materials Logistics/Demand Planning Specialist in Tarrytown, New York
Materials Logistics/Demand Planning Specialist
Locations:Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Manufacturing
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 200496
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
Global Instrument Planner Position Overview :
This position will report to the Senior Manager of Instrument Planning and will be responsible for Instrument & Accessory planning and associated analysis & reporting within the Materials & Logistics Group of the Siemens Healthcare Laboratory Diagnostics Division. Primary responsibilities include Global and Regional Demand, Supply, and Inventory Planning to achieve business objectives. This position works with the monthly Global Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to develop/update demand and supply plans for assigned instruments to achieve sales and inventory objectives. Prepares and presents monthly plan presentations as required. Monitors customer orders, shipments, inventory, and supply stream for action needed. This position requires interactions with multiple functions and sites in various countries and time zones, and all levels of management.
• Coordinates the collaborative demand forecasting process, incorporating Country forecasts and Marketing intelligence utilizing both qualitative and quantitative inputs.
• Analyzes historical demand patterns & trends with current business inputs to develop demand and inventory forecast recommendations.
• Supports product life cycle management and works closely with Marketing to plan product phase–ins and phase-outs.
• Analyzes reasons for forecast deviations and works with Marketing and Regional representatives to improve forecast performance.
• Maintains and executes product allocations and prioritizes with Marketing as needed.
• Works closely with internal and external supply sites to update supply plans.
• Implements and maintains Distribution Center replenishment policies to support customer service levels and inventory objectives.
• Routinely communicates within Supply Chain and across functional/regional areas including Order Processing, Marketing, Procurement, Logistics, Regulatory, and Finance.
• Dynamically responds to major changes in demand, supply, or inventory.
• Accurate data and information integrity.
• Contributes to procedures and continuous improvements.
• Completes additional assignments as assigned.
• Cross train with team members and provides backup coverage.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience :
• Proficient with MS Office 2010 especially Excel, Word, & Power Point.
• SAP – especially Material Management Module.
• Discrete demand forecasting and supply planning experience.
• Strong & concise communication skills with the ability to interface with all functions and levels of management.
• Ability to work independently and comfortable making decisions.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills.
• Ability to quickly absorb information and extract key points
• Effectively manage multiple tasks, timelines, and priorities
• Communicate and influence in a professional manner.
• Ability to deal with constant change and direction.
• Bachelor degree and APICS Certification preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .