Siemens Business Development Specialist in Tarrytown, New York
Business Development Specialist
Locations:Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Strategy
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 201966
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 15%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
This position serves as an interface between the Laboratory Diagnostics Business Area (LD BA) and the Business Regions / Countries. The key focus of the role is to ensure the achievement of BA targets and the implementation and execution of sales strategies for success.
- Responsible for enhancement of regional sales performance in 2 designated Business Regions:
• Business Management:
o MTA and MBR support
o Monthly business reviews
o Understanding and supporting regional sales and profitability strategy and connection to funnel
o Providing guidance and assist to develop solutions on individual country /region issues e.g. low profitability in a country, pricing, missing out on mega deals, etc.
o Day to day sales issues (backorders, product registrations, etc)
• Forecast accuracy / Funnel Management
o Sales and operations forecasting (S&OP)
o Win/loss analysis and tracking
• Large and Complex deals support:
o Must Wins focus, implementation and execution
o Ensure global sales strategies are being implemented (pricing, automation strategy, individual product strategies, profitability)
o Tender / request for proposal (RFP) support
o VIP tours and customer visits
• Regional calls and communication, daily support
Responsible for providing competitive and market trend information as well as customer and field feedback from the Regions to all areas of the LD Global organization.
Development of Sales programs together with LD Finance and Global LD Marketing. The ownership of implementation and tracking of the sales programs in 2 designated Business Regions
Responsible for best practice sharing between the Regions, as well as with LD Global Marketing and all relevant areas of the LD Global organization.
Skills and experience required:
• Awareness and understanding of marketing and sales philosophy, business practices and trends within diagnostic and healthcare industries
• Commercial experience and in-depth understanding of key business and financial drivers
• Innovative management and strategic planning capabilities to effect change
• Strong interpersonal, communication, teamwork and facilitation skills are required
• Planning: an ability to think ahead, forecast, and plan both short and long-term goals and objectives
• Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
• In-depth understanding of business processes especially interactions between functions.
• Preferably background in commercial operations on country or regional level
• Work experience/life experience with other cultures in order to effectively communicate, understand and get results
• Position requires high level of interpersonal skills because of the need to communicate effectively and develop close working relationships with all levels of management within LD organizations
• A minimum of a Bachelors degree in business or life sciences. An MBA degree is preferred
IVD experience is required
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .