Siemens Biochemist, Sr in Tarrytown, New York
Locations:Tarrytown, New York
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Siemens Healthineers
Business Unit: Laboratory Diagnostics
Requisition Number: 200171
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Doctorate Degree
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
With 45,000 employees Siemens Healthineers is one of the world’s largest suppliers of technology to the healthcare industry and a leader in medical imaging, laboratory diagnostics and healthcare IT. All supported by a comprehensive portfolio of clinical consulting, training, and services available across the globe and tailored to customers’ needs. So that more people can have a life that is longer, richer, and more filled with happiness.
For more information, please visit: http://www.usa.siemens.com/healthineers
• Strong experience in developing in vitro diagnostic assays.
• Broad chemistry/biochemistry knowledge of buffer systems, enzymes, surfactants, preservatives, particle surface chemistry, statistical analysis, design of experiments and six sigma techniques.
• Effective team work, networking and ability to take initiative
• Must be hands-on, willing to perform laboratory experiments to execute to plan.
• Lead role in assay development projects from conception (sourcing raw materials) to completion (transfer to manufacturing and commercialization). Is responsible for overall success of the project.
• Deliver well-characterized and robust processes to Manufacturing.
• Conduct extensive lab work designing and executing experiments, and analyzing resultant data.
• Troubleshoot and resolve complex problems.
• Successfully define work flows, jobs, and reporting relationships to obtain optimum effectiveness.
• May develop departmental budgets and business plans for functional area.
• Identifies resource needs and may develop justification.
• Advanced Degree in Biochemistry or Chemistry, or related scientific discipline; Ph.D. strongly desired.
• A minimum of 5-8 years of relevant industry experience in Life Sciences, Medical Devices, or Diagnostics.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, team work and ability to take initiative.
• Appreciation of process quality and specifications as a requirement for manufacturing
• Demonstrates understanding and application of supervisory approaches for work direction, motivation, performance management, and disciplinary action
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .