Siemens Sales Specialist in Springfield, Missouri
Job Family: Sales
Division: Power and Gas
Business Unit: Dresser-Rand
Requisition Number: 200559
Primary Location: United States-Missouri-Springfield
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 50%
Siemens sets the standard for excellence in power generation, transmission and distribution, and provides innovative customer solutions – from utilities, to industrial space, to oil and gas companies. Siemens’ portfolio includes power plants and power-generating equipment, turbines for use as mechanical drives, compressors for industrial applications, power transmission and distribution systems, smart grid applications, and related instrumentation and control systems.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-and-gas.htm
New equipment Sales Specialist for rotating equipment offered by the Siemens Springfield, Missouri site in the industrial segment. The position is on the Acquisition Team. Main objective is to find and develop new projects and new accounts in the assigned territory/key accounts and meet and exceed bookings and profit targets set by the site.
• Provide technical assistance/design guidance and training to Business Partners, regional entities, EPC, consulting engineers, and end-users.
• Coordinate Business Partner network in assigned territory
• Schedule visit with customers
• Make technical presentations.
• Assist to trade shows.
• Prepare estimates and quotations; secure estimate approval.
• Secure and check accuracy of equipment performance sizing; properly and economically size equipment.
• Negotiate orders maximizing profits and minimizing risks.
• Follow PM@Siemens acquisition process
• Maintain contacts and opportunity database up-to-date and provide forecast bookings, as requested.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
• 5-8 years of experience in rotating equipment.
• 40-50% travel with the position within assigned territory.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering.
• 8 years of experience in sales of steam turbines for distributed power and waste heat applications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .