Siemens Quality Control Supervisor / Warehouse Management. in Southaven, Mississippi
Quality Control Supervisor / Warehouse Management.
Job Family: Quality Management
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Energy Management (EM)
Requisition Number: 211975
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Associate's Degree / College Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Quality Control Supervisor is responsible for monitoring quality control activities to ensure timely audits, identifying wastes and process accuracy deficiencies and ensuring operational team members follow all policies and SOPs. In the addition the QC Supervisor will supervise a group of QC personnel, which include; Business Process Coaches, Auditors, and Logistics Champions across three shifts.
The incumbent plays a key role in driving the change in culture around quality. The role will own all SOPs and work with the operational to identify and implement changes as needed to improve quality within the operation. Candidate must have experience supporting/implementing a Quality Management system.
• Analyzes daily/weekly/monthly quality reporting tools by providing detailed summaries to the operational team.
• Works in conjunction with the inventory coordinators to provide improved visibility to the daily defects that are reported daily.
• Acts as the point of contact for all customer quality issues.
• Provides and implements corrective action plans internally/externally.
• Supervises 20-30 hourly employees.
• Works in partnership with the operations to determine the areas of opportunity for quality improvements that will lead to an improvement in KPIs.
• Owner of all process documents and responsible for ensuring updates are made as processes change.
• Identifies employees whose quality is negatively impacting the operation.
• Ensures all Time and Attendance records are maintained daily/weekly (including weekly attendance summaries for all personnel).
• Creates a positive working environment that will allow employees to be motivated and productive in the facility
• Collaborates with team members to standardize all operational processes across each shift in order to enforce process discipline (participation in 5S Audits and providing feedback regarding audit scores).
• Ensures 75% of time is spent on the floor providing support to all personnel and managing process flow within department (utilizing daily status reports to determine performance gaps).
• Manages other duties as assigned by management.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 4 years of experience working in a high-volume distribution center or large retail operation or a combination of minimum 8 years of experience.
• Computer skills required, to include Microsoft office experience and warehouse management systems experience.
• Ability to lead all quality related initiatives, conduct monthly quality meetings, set objectives, provide guidance on issues, develop and implement specific strategies for each process.
• Ability to maintain QMS program via audit tables in Warehouse Management system.
• Ability to provide timely communication of process deficiencies to the operational team (including formal corrective actions for issues impacting the customer).
• Must be detail-oriented and able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Strong written and oral communications required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Experience managing a Quality Management System.
• Experience implementing process improvement processes/strategies.
• Lean/Six Sigma experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .