Siemens EHS Specialist in Southaven, Mississippi
Job Family: Environmental Protection, Health & Safety
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 212663
Primary Location: United States-Mississippi-Southaven
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: No
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The EHS Specialist will primarily provide environmental health and safety (EHS) services to the Siemens Distribution Center in Southaven, Mississippi and will support EHS activities in La Mirada, California.
The EHS Specialist efforts are to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses, protect the environment, assure compliance with EHS laws and regulations, manage EHS risks, prepare the site for dealing with emergencies, promote wellness programs, and promote a culture whereby EHS becomes part of the site’s culture.
The position reports to the Siemens Distribution Center Manager in Southaven, Mississippi.
Develop, implement, manage, and administer the environmental health and safety management system and its associated programs at the Southaven, Mississippi site.
· Promote Zero Harm Culture (ZHC) Global Program
· Identify hazards and environmental aspects; manage risks and environmental impacts
· Maintain EHS regulatory compliance activities, including preparing and submitting EHS regulatory agency reports and interfacing with regulatory agency personnel
· Conduct inspections and audits
· Develop and teach training classes
· Perform evaluations of existing and new processes and equipment to ensure Compliance
· Support worker’s compensation claims and return-to-work program
· Lead and participate on teams and committees
· Conduct industrial hygiene (IH) surveys, job hazard analyses (JHA) and personal protective equipment (PPE) assessments
· Coordinate contractors providing EHS services
· Conduct ergonomic evaluations
· Package and ship hazardous waste
· Provide technical guidance to employees regarding environmental, health and safety related issues or concerns, and regulatory compliance
· Develop and manage projects
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree (Safety, Environmental Science, or related discipline)
· 3-5 years experience in EHS program management
· Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations and industry EHS standards
· Demonstrated ability to recognize, evaluate, and recommend controls for workplace hazards
· Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
· Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Strong writing capabilities, especially with writing clear, concise EHS procedures
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access)
· Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and work independently with minimal supervision.
· Must be able to interface with all levels of the organization
· Travel up to 20% when necessary
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
· Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification, Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Certified Hazardous Material Manager(CHMM) certification , or equivalent
· Experience working with ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Management System Standards
· Ability to influence, negotiate, and persuade employees at all levels
· Database development
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .