Siemens System Specialist II - Building Automation HVAC Controls - Minneapolis in Shoreview, Minnesota
System Specialist II - Building Automation HVAC Controls - Minneapolis
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 200662
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Shoreview
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Technical Diploma
Travel Required: 5%
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthineers and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Provides expertise and knowledge throughout the entire Building Automation system project lifecycle. Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, coordinating, starting up and commissioning Building Automation jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
Attends pre-booking and sales-to-operations turnover meetings to evaluate the accuracy of sales estimate and job layout. Reviews plans, specifications, and contract documents to determine project requirements.
• Designs, plans, and handles start-up functions on selected building automation control systems based on project plans, specifications, and contract documents.
• Prepares submittals containing schematics, descriptions, and technical literature for the approval of the owner's representative as required.
• Obtains submittal approval to commence installation and records changes on submittals/contract documents during installation phase for incorporation into record drawing set.
• Troubleshoots installation issues including: identifying and debugging software, diagnosing electrical or pneumatic issues and investigating communication issues across a network.
• Interpret and select control device types, sizes and installation locations per the project specifications to fit the application.
• Prepares database and job related programming for computer-based systems.
• Prepares and justifies engineering re-estimate reports. Manage and track allotted labor to meet the projects financial goals.
• Provides on-site assistance or performs the installation and start-up, checkout and turnover process.
• Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent project information per the Siemens branch standard.
• Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs and completes all job closeout documentation.
• Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
• Coordinates work with subcontractors and direct with customers.
• May be responsible for training lower level engineers and specialists.
Joe- I see you created two reqs. Below is the job description for the System Spec II. Please let me know if you have any changes and I can add this to your req.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• High School or Board of Education approved GED
• 5+ years experience in building automation solutions or 2 years as a building automation Engineering Specialist I
• Prior experience in programming to meet a specified sequence of operations and in troubleshooting building automation controls.
• Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals, HVAC concepts, business operations, and project financial reports.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external personnel such as engineers, project managers, subcontractors, and customers both verbally and in written form.
• Ability to lead conceptual design phase into installation phase on project, including but not limited to: development of a sequence of operations, Implement the sequence with selected control devices and perform the installation.
• Past experience with integration of building automation systems (device, energy monitor, frequency drive, etc).
• Must have knowledge of AutoCAD 2 dimensional drawing
• Familiarity with SAP to design the right part, materials list, ordering material, etc
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and specifications
• Ability to assist during sales estimates
• Must be able to perform physical activities including; lifting, carrying, climbing ladders, climbing stairs. Candidates will also need to adhere to safety guideline and requirements as established by company policies and practices.
• Candidates will need to be self sufficient and motivated. They must be able to determine what is needed to be done, both on a project level and at a personal development level.
• This branch serves the greater Chicago area; other area branches in the zone will need to be supported from time to time and will require travel.
• Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States.
• Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
• Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in mechanical or electrical engineering highly preferred
• Knowledge of Siemens or other third party (JCI, Allerton, etc) building automation controls desired
• Previous experience with AutoCAD and common HVAC communication protocols (BACnet, Modbus, LON, etc.) is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .