Siemens Software Project Manager - Power System Simulation in Schenectady, United States
Software Project Manager - Power System Simulation
Multiple Locations:Schenectady, New York; Minnetonka, Minnesota; Wendell, North Carolina; Foster City, California
Job Family: Project Management
Division: Energy Management
Business Unit: Country Division Controller
Requisition Number: 202030
Primary Location: United States-New York-Schenectady
Other Locations: United States-California-Foster City, United States-North Carolina-Wendell, United States-Minnesota-Minnetonka
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 25%
With power chain management from creation to consumption, and over half a dozen manufacturing hubs here in the U.S., Siemens Energy Management provides technologies for the economic, reliable, and intelligent transmission and distribution of electrical power. From smart grid and energy automation technology, to power supply for industrial plants and high-voltage transmission systems, Siemens is providing intelligent technologies to a diverse clientele.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/energy-management.htm
The Project Manager directs cross-functional teams focused on the preparation of proposals through to delivery of technical projects, programs, services and/or solutions from conceptual design through delivery, specifically around power system simulation software.
We seek a Project Manager candidate with a proven track record of managing complex projects in a strong matrix organization. The successful candidate will take direction from the US-Head of PTI Software and will have responsibility for the profit/loss and schedule performance of the projects assigned.
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and complete proposal and projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes directing resources in a matrix structured organization and coordinating the efforts of team members in order to deliver proposals and projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
• Define and track scope, goals, schedule, budgets, risks and deliverables that support business goals of complex projects.
• Develop full-scale schedules and associated planning documents for complex projects.
• Effectively communicate and manage project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Where required, negotiate with other project managers for the shared scheduling of required personnel from within the company.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues/conflicts within the project team.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to internal/external stakeholders, including C-level executives.
• Proactively manage risks and opportunities, and devise contingency plans.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Establish, maintain and develop customer relationships.
• Customer follow-up to survey satisfaction with delivery quality and direct improvement actions
• Lead the deployment of project management tools and process improvement initiatives.
• Work closely with Sales and Marketing department and other subject matter experts to develop cost estimates, including risk estimations, during the bid phase of projects.
• Proactive personality, creative decision-making abilities and "can-do" attitude
• 5 to 8 years of successful Project Management experience with complex software or system integration projects, preferably in the Power System Software arena
• Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
• Advanced scheduling skills and proficiency using enterprise scheduling applications, such as MS Project or Primavera
• Strong leadership, technical, oral and written communication skills, must be able to demonstrate their presentation skills
• Bachelors degree in electrical engineering, power systems engineering, computer science, industrial systems engineering or equivalent
• Travel required: 35%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
• Electric utility experience is highly desirable
• PMI certification is highly desirable
• Advanced degree MAY be substituted for experience, where applicable
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .