Siemens Field Service Engineer in San Luis Obispo, California
Field Service Engineer
Locations:San Luis Obispo, California
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Power Generation Services
Business Unit: Distributed Generation
Requisition Number: 200580
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: Bachelor's Degree
Travel Required: 100%
Power Generation Services (PS)
Siemens is the leading service partner for ensuring high reliability and optimal performance of rotating power equipment within the utility, oil & gas, and industrial processing industries worldwide – as well as for wind turbines. Siemens’ extensive national network of service technicians is able to quickly and comprehensively offer expert service to maximize the lifecycle of power generation equipment, helping to ensure reliability and prevent downtime.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/power-generation-services.htm
Siemens DG is seeking an experienced field service engineer to take the responsibility for Medium Gas Turbine outage implementation.
Engineering Skills: Field engineers must be able to interpret drawings, must have a basic understanding of Industrial processes and operation of turbines, compressor and generators.
Management Skills: Field engineers will be responsible for management of a crew of Supervisors and technicians during outages. They should be able to manage this crew to meet the job safety, budget, schedule and quality requirements.
Contract Management Skills: Field engineers will be responsible to manage the outage contract. They must negotiate additional work with the customer and at times with vendors.
Communication Skills: Field Engineers must have strong negotiation and interpersonal skills to interface with division and customer management, and professional, technical and crafts personnel to achieve Siemens objectives. They Requires strong writing skills to prepare accurate reports for internal and external (customer) use.
Planning Skills: Field engineers are required to develop outage implementation plans, schedules, checklists, contingency plans, risk assessment etc.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• 5 years or more of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
The work can be performed from anywhere in the USA.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
• Project management experience including technical and commercial responsibilities is highly desired.
• This position requires experience with SGT600/700/800 Gas Turbines, including in-depth Controls knowledge with ABB Advant, PCS7, T3000 and General experience with Instrumentation / controls / electrical, Gen relay protection, Automated Voltage Regulator’s.
• Must be highly motivated and be a team player with multi-tasking capabilities.
• Fluent in the use of office software such Word, Excel, PowerPoint and scheduling software such as Microsoft Project.
• This position requires domestic and international traveling up to 100% of the time. The work can be performed from anywhere in the USA. Must have a valid passport. Must be available to work night shifts (including weekends and holidays) while traveling as required.
• The candidate must have the ability to pass a detailed background check (both criminal and financial) as required by customers for entering their facilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .