Siemens Senior Technician - Low & Medium Voltage Power Systems - Corpus Christi OR San Antonio in San Antonio, Texas
Senior Technician - Low & Medium Voltage Power Systems - Corpus Christi OR San Antonio
Locations:San Antonio, Texas
Job Family: Customer Services
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201719
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 50%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Leads the most complex installation and checkout of electric and electronic components for systems and service installed jobs and service agreements associated with maintenance and testing of: switchgears, motor controls, circuit breakers, panel boards, transformers, surge protection devices, vibration analysis and metering, battery maintenance and testing, power monitoring, power quality, protective relay maintenance.
• Performs emergency troubleshooting of power distribution products and 3rd party equipment.
• Performs highly complex service upgrades, reconditioning, retrofits, etc. for its low-voltage power distribution products and systems.
• Coordinates with or advises supervision about the requirements for material and supplies to ensure timely delivery to the job site.
• Provides instructions to customer personnel regarding proper operations and routine inspections and assists with training and system acceptance.
• Provides expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.
• May provide expert advice, training, and technical assistance to support staff and train lower level employees.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• HS diploma or equivalent required. Specialized skill training/certification may be required.
• Successfully demonstrates leading-edge or extensive knowledge in a technical or specialty area.
• Generally, 8+ years of successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• 60% travel required.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• Associates degree or 1-2 years of vocational technical training preferred.
*LI - KMB
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .