Siemens Engineer Specialist I - Fire & Security Systems in Saint Rose, Louisiana
Engineer Specialist I - Fire & Security Systems
Locations:Saint Rose, Louisiana
Job Family: Research & Development
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201462
Primary Location: United States-Louisiana-Saint Rose
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Mid level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the North American market leader for safe and secure, energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, service provider, and system integrator, Building Technologies has offerings for fire protection; life safety; and security as well as building automation; heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC); and energy management. Since 1995, Siemens has helped to modernize nearly 7,000 buildings worldwide, including important American landmarks such as World Trade Center Memorial, Times Square Building, Carnegie Hall, Walt Disney World and the Mount Vernon Estate.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Reporting to the Solutions Operations Manager, this position provides expertise and knowledge throughout the system or service project lifecycle.
• Duties include: estimating, designing, tracking, start up and commissioning jobs of larger revenue and/ or multiple projects requiring greater planning and technical expertise than the next lower level position.
• Attends pre-booking meetings to gain knowledge of the sales estimate and project scope.
• Analyzes plans, specifications, and contract to determine system requirements. Selects products, sizes, types, and location placement to ensure products meet specification requirements.
• Designs fire and security systems consisting of system layouts, electrical drawings, bill of materials, sequence of operations to meet the intent of the based on project plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Establishes special calibration instructions on selected equipment.
• Troubleshoots possible issues including identifying and debugging software, electrical or pneumatic and installation problems.
• Organizes and maintains the job folder and updates pertinent job related information.
• Prepares engineering re-estimate reports, minimizes variances and justifies.
• Provides on-site assistance with or performs the programming, start-up, checkout, commissioning and validation processes. Participates in job site final walk-through on assigned jobs, completes all job closeout documentation and provides customer training.
• Acts as a technical resource to existing customers and field employees as needed.
• Coordinates work with subcontractors.
• Must be able to perform all tasks with minimal supervision or coaching.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• High School or GED required.
• 5+ years successful experience in area of responsibility and successful demonstration of Key Responsibilities and Knowledge as presented above.
• Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing and must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education:
• Associate's degree in Electronics or other related technical field preferred.
*LI - KMB
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf .