Siemens Account Executive - Building Performance and Sustainability - Minneapolis / St. Paul in Saint Paul, Minnesota
Account Executive - Building Performance and Sustainability - Minneapolis / St. Paul
Locations:Saint Paul, Minnesota
Job Family: Sales
Division: Building Technologies
Business Unit: Field Operations
Requisition Number: 201563
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Entry level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 25%
Building Technologies is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire safety, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) as well as energy management products and services in the USA.
The Account Executive manages and grows the Building Performance and Sustainability business as part of the Building Technologies Division of Siemens. This role will support business in the state of Minnesota while reporting to our sales manager. Vertical Market Sales will focus on Municipal governments (state, cities, and counties) in Minnesota, state-wide.
· Consultatively assists targeted public sector municipal clients in understanding long-term financial business goals, uncovering challenges and defining long-term self-funding solutions.
· Thorough understanding of wide-ranging challenges faced by local government, with strong ideas and approach for helping address and overcome these by developing comprehensive, mutually-beneficial partnerships.
· Well networked with municipal decision makers, and involved in municipal focused associated trade organizations and professional groups.
· Effectively completes needs assessment, financial justification and related proposals and presentations. Obtains letters of intent and arranges financing. Works with operations, finance, legal and other inside and outside resources as needed to obtain client commitment.
· Follow-through on sold projects to ensure satisfactory completion. Ensures smooth sales to operations turnover. Assists in resolving, collections and other customer satisfaction issues as needed.
· Prepares accurate and thorough sales activity reports, forecast reports and expense tracking.
· Participates in civic and professional organizations, workshops and seminars. Keeps current on market and business trends.
· Understand and explain the correlation between market drives, business objectives and operational issues as they relate to value propositions, applying this knowledge as a strategic sales coach to create account strategies.
· Continues to acquire deeper selling, technical and financial skills. Develops and deploys account strategies.
· Under limited supervision, manages and grows assigned territory or group of accounts.
· Develops and implements plans to take advantage of all sales opportunities for assigned customers or territory.
· Develops and deploys account strategies.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Experience in working with other local government business partners to design, deliver and service the best solution or combination of solutions for the (state, city and/or county).
· Requires a minimum of four years of executive consultative selling experience with a Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred (the minimum education required is a high school diploma, state-recognized GED, or state-recognized high school proficiency exam).
· Requires related technical and financial expertise with an aptitude to learn and competently use, contractual, and financial concepts.
· Experience selling complex solutions to municipal: mayors, city managers, elected officials, public works and financial leadership buyers.
· Required travel: 25%
· Other requirements:
o Individual must possess a valid Driver’s license in good standing.
o Individual must be at least 21 years of age in order to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan.
o Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States without the need for current or future work sponsorship.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
· Other preferences:
o Existing experience with infrastructure, construction, engineering or technology sales.
o Candidates with success in Performance Contracting sales in local government, or candidates selling other types of complex solution sales to local government will receive preference.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .