Siemens Weld Manager-Manufacturing Management in Sacramento, California
Weld Manager-Manufacturing Management
Job Family: Manufacturing
Business Unit: Urban Transport
Requisition Number: 200250
Assignment Category: Full-time regular
Experience Level: Senior level
Education Required Level: High School Diploma / (GED)
Travel Required: 5%
Committed to the safe and reliable transportation of people and goods by rail and road, Siemens Mobility designs and manufactures across the entire spectrum of rolling stock, including commuter and regional passenger trains, light rail and streetcars, metros, locomotives, passenger coaches, and high-speed trainsets. In the U.S., Siemens is providing rail vehicles, locomotives, components and systems to more than 25 agencies in cities such as D.C., New York, Boston, Sacramento, San Diego, and St. Louis.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/mobility.htm
The Manufacturing Weld Supervisor Job has the primary responsibility to ensure completion of the project on schedule and budget ensuring Quality expectations and cost effective manufacturability are attained, ensure Safety policies are followed by all direct reports during production process, adhere and enforce WPS required to manufacture products. This role will work either on 1st shift or 2nd shift schedules. This position comes with a competitive salary that is current to the Sacramento pay market, and incentive bonus based on performance and we also offer full health, life, vision and dental benefits, a matching 401K plan, 15 days paid time off, 9 company paid holidays and a floating paid holiday; along with a deep employee discount plan. This position is also pointed towards growth into a Department Manager role.
Is this a fit for you?
• Monitor daily team activity to ensure time standards are met while ensuring standardized work instructions are followed. - Ensure direct reports are properly trained to perform duties including weld standards, Work Order, WPS, manufacturing process etc.
• Ensure direct reports are equipped with proper tooling and PPE.
• Capable to identify risk areas and develop action driven activities implementing actions to eliminate risk coordinating effort with responsible Industrial Engineering.
• Work within core team, assigning / reporting to a steering committee and Manager, projecting efforts involved with implementation, and identifying impacts to the business.
• Capable to identify resources required for production (Headcount planning and forecasting) based on budget requirements. Capable to develop and implement quickly recovery plans in the event of schedule delays.
• Coordinating and communicating technical information to and from all levels of the organization including project managers, production team members, and operations managers and above.
Developing department procedures to improve business and engineering transactions.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in production supervision OPS vehicle production (e.g. rail, aviation, naval, heavy equipment or welding).
• Demonstrated knowledge of the structure and make up of vehicles, including welding activities, fabrication and assembly.
• Demonstrated firm project management skills, including developing project plans, timelines / schedules, budgets, proposed layouts, resource requirements, calculating ROI, driving projects in very adverse conditions. etc.
• Required travel: 20 percent
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• BS/BA in related discipline, or advanced degree, where required, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas.
• Preferred education and focus: Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Mechanical or Industrial or Welding Engineering highly preferred;
• Six Sigma Master Black Belt / Six Sigma Black Belt / Lean Expert Certification
• Bi-lingual German and English is a plus.
• Bi-Lingual Spanish and English is a plus.
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, domestic partner status, marital status, disability, weight, height or AIDS/HIV status, protected veteran or military status, other categories protected by federal, state, or local law, and regardless of whether the qualified applicants are individuals with disabilitiesSiemens US Talent Acquisition
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm .
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf .